stretch marks and tanning

Options
Does anyone know if tanning will help lighten up stretch marks? My daughter destroyed my tummy!!! They have lightened up but I was wondering if tanning at a salon or sun tanning would help at all?

Thanks-
Jordan

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they are still red/purple, there's nothing you can do really but wait. Eventually they will fade. and they won't tan anyway.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No they just get darker. I would just find a sexy one piece.
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    put bio oil on them :)
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    try vitamin E oil! or maybe its D...lol. but my friend used one of those and she said it worked wonders!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My sister had the same problem~ her whole tummy was covered with marks. I, on the other hand didn't get ANY on my stomache. I got them on my hips & breasts instead... isn't that funny? Anyway, i don't believe anything out there helps,...they just fade a little over time.:smile:
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Options
    Once there faded tanning will make them less noticable...iv got them and the best thing to do is to keep moisturising or use bio oil and once there faded then tanning will make it easier x
  • Aeonflux1296
    Aeonflux1296 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered an amazing cream from stretch marks. It's called TriLASTIN SR. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and have noticed a significant difference in the appearance of my stretch marks - they are much, much lighter, with no more purple to them at all (only a silvery tone remains). They are also much more faded and blend into the surrounding skin better. It's designed to apply it 2-3 times per day for 4 weeks. They claim that the results you get from the treatment are permanent and do not require you to continue using the cream. It's pretty pricey, around $80 per tube. The one tube seems big enough to complete the full 4 week treatment (of course, this would vary depending on how large the area is that needs to be treated).
  • realredhead
    realredhead Posts: 14
    Options
    No tanning!! Regardless or not if it helps stretch marks. It only leads to skin cancer and leathery looking skin later. I'm a big advocate of this. I used to tan ALL the time when I was a teenager and in my 20's. I got smart. I don't leave home without sunscreen on....I work at a doctor's office and we have to remove skin cancers. The majority of our patients are older, so I get to see what the sun damage has done. It's not always pretty.

Try Mederma Cream. Good luck! BUT NO TANNING!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No tanning!! Regardless or not if it helps stretch marks. It only leads to skin cancer and leathery looking skin later. I'm a big advocate of this. I used to tan ALL the time when I was a teenager and in my 20's. I got smart. I don't leave home without sunscreen on....I work at a doctor's office and we have to remove skin cancers. The majority of our patients are older, so I get to see what the sun damage has done. It's not always pretty.

Try Mederma Cream. Good luck! BUT NO TANNING!

Absolutely right, no tanning!
    Maybe try a spray on tan and see if it covers them up, but melanoma (skin cancer, usually caused by sun damage) is deadly.
    My mum has just been admitted to a hospice for the last stage of her battle with melanoma, and i wouldn't wish that on anybody in the world.
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying one of those "tan in a bottle" things...
    I'm a little scared about how it might turn out though. My tummy is beyond anything any cream could help. I had a 10lb 7oz baby boy and he stretched me out to mars. My tummy is a disaster, but I'm comfortable wearing a cute on peice. victoriassecret has really cute ones. I'm just hoping the tanning cream helps with the stretchmarks on the backs of my legs and my arms. They're already that whitish silvery colour. I would just like them to blend in a little more.
  • mikeast
    mikeast Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi, since being pregnant with my litttle boy i have stretch marks all over my tummy, bum and hips. He is nearly 3 and they have faded alot just with time and with some firming creams like nivea Q10.
    I also find having a tan... but a fake one makes me feel better about my body and i have been told just to accept the stretch marks like a memento of having a baby!
    :smile:
  • crbruner
    crbruner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    See if theer is anyone in your city or town that does a spray tan by hand. I go to a place called no fry zone, and get sprayed ocasionally. It's great and no orangy tint like some of the booths. My daughter is 19 months now and most of my stretch marks on my hips and belly have faded but the ones on my legs are still pretty noticable. The spray tan does a great job of disguising them. I've used a product from Victoria Secret also called Tan in a Can and it works well but I'd recommend having someone else spray you. Good luck.
  • clarehaines
    clarehaines Posts: 49
    Options
    Nope. If they are still red/purple, there's nothing you can do really but wait. Eventually they will fade. and they won't tan anyway.

Mine are nearly four years old from childbirth on my stomach and I find not only having a spray tan by a proffessional makes me feel better it also noticably conceals them since they are now white and the spray tan is brown