Really wanting junk food but haven't gave in yet!!!

Options
im trying to eat healthy (1100 calories per day) and it's tough. I see my husband eating pizza, pasta chips, cake, ice cream and I'm just here with my whole grain bread & veggies.

I'm really dedicated to loosing weight but my husband hasn't made it easier.

I just want pizza :( help!

Feel free to add me so we can motivate and encourage each other!!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1100 isn't necessarily a healthy number. Are you ensuring you're hitting your macro/micro numbers? I got mine and was still able to fit some ice cream in at 1500 net.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    im trying to eat healthy (1100 calories per day) and it's tough. I see my husband eating pizza, pasta chips, cake, ice cream and I'm just here with my whole grain bread & veggies.

How do you have 33 pounds to lose and you're only allotted 1100 calories per day? I say have a slice (or two) of pizza with your husband and get that number up a little bit. Also, it's not your husband's choice to change eating habits and cut out "junk" food. This is your endeavor, not his.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    1-Increase calorie goal appropriately
    2-Eat pizza
    3-Happiness
  • Shemac27
    Shemac27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

• Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tomorrow for left overs through the week. 2 of my favorite comfort foods together. WIN!
    http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-pizza-meatloaf/

Your calorie count is tight but that doesn't mean you can't have a treat if it fits within your calorie count. I have a piece of dark chocolate w/ toffee every night. Chocolate=sanity in my world.

I'm going to leave my 3 favorite links to find recipes. Eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore. It's suppose to be yummy. I got big eating yummy. I'm going to get small eating yummy too. Just doing it on different foods.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    http://www.skinnykitchen.com/
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/healthy-recipe-database.html
  • Shemac27
    Shemac27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you must have the pizza or ice cream try and eat it while it's early and you can burn some of the calories off... Eat skinny cow ice cream 150 calories for an ice cream sandwich...it's hard but really not worth it... Prepare your meals and have them on hand, this way you're prepared...
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Shemac27 wrote: »
    If you must have the pizza or ice cream try and eat it while it's early and you can burn some of the calories off... Eat skinny cow ice cream 150 calories for an ice cream sandwich...it's hard but really not worth it... Prepare your meals and have them on hand, this way you're prepared...

The time of day that you eat has no bearing on losing weight. You have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight. Not to mention, OP is not eating enough as it is.

Also, I must have pizza, and ice cream REGULARLY.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Pizza and pasta and Ice cream sandwiches are pretty typical for my diet. I have lost 35 lbs since February. Eat more than 1100 cals and eat foods you like or it won't work.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How is under eating healthy? You need to be eating a BASE of 1200, then earning the exercise calories. Then, eat the pizza!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How is under eating healthy? You need to be eating a BASE of 1200, then earning the exercise calories. Then, eat the pizza!

Good idea. Do you happen to have the number for my local pappa johns?
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Probably city prefix-papa Most numbers are the same. Haha!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

bahaaaaaaaha
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Probably city prefix-papa Most numbers are the same. Haha!

Who asked you?
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Shemac27 wrote: »

I've got 2 containers on Breyers ice cream in my freezer, one is strawberry where 1 65g (1/2 c) serving is 110 calories, and the other is Reeses chocolate peanut butter blast where a 59g (1/2 c) serving is 140 calories.

What's so skinny about skinny cow? Is the serving much larger... or what?

OP, food is healthy, there is no need to suffer by barely eating - or worse,- the little amounts you are eating being boring diet foods that could turn any sane person suicidal. Your calories should probably be upped, and spent on foods you like. They are your calories, no sense spending them on miserable foods that market themselves as being beneficial in order to get people to force them down their gullet when they wouldn't otherwise.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I made a delicious veggie pizza with whole wheat crust for dinner tonight. Homemade pizza can have a whole lot less calories than the pizza shop, plus a lot healthier.

Also, when my hubby is eating his snacks I grab a handful of nuts or fruit and greek yogurt it seems to satisfy the snack cravings better than veggies. At least for me. :smiley:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/01/22/roasted-vegetable-whole-wheat-pizza/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    One Papa John's Pepperoni Pizza for One has 920 calories, which would be pretty difficult to fit into an 1100 calorie per day budget. However, if you are the sort of person who can stop at one piece of a very small pizza (I am not), that's only 230 calories.

a02e25f0dac955aa66a49bde902d7933.png
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    1-Increase calorie goal appropriately
    2-Eat pizza
    3-Happiness

I second this. As long as you are meeting your calorie and nutritional goals for the day, you can have pizza.

If it's from a chain, you can look up the calories in a slice of pizza (be sure to weigh it to match the grams) so you know how many calories there are per slice before you order.
  • kathy9083
    kathy9083 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can still have junk food as long as you limit yourself. I still have pizza but limit myself to 1-2 slices so I'm able to eat under 1300 calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Hi Rebecca,

With only 30 something odd pounds to lose, can I talk you into upping those calories and setting your goals to lose maybe a pound a week? 1100 is not a whole lot of food, and your goal is aggressive. Raise your calorie goal a bit, weigh your food and ensure you are using correct entries, work some of those foods you love so much into your daily diet. I am proof that you can eat the foods you love and still lose weight. I lose 44 pounds this way, and I will have been maintaining for two years in about January 2016.

Stop depriving yourself and make it your goal to learn about moderation in all foods.

stock-photo-you-can-do-this-words-on-a-scale-display-to-give-you-confidence-in-succeeding-with-a-diet-and-254169421.jpg

:)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Let me let you in on a secret that saved me tears, frustration and possibly failure.

You don't have to eat only whole grain bread and veggies to lose weight.

You do have to eat less than you burn. What those calories consist of is up to you. It is, of course, a great idea to include whole grains, lean protein, fruit and veggies in there. But your entire diet does not have to consist of those things. I've lost 83 pounds by eating the things I enjoy in reasonable portions sometimes.

1100 is pretty low for your intake. I agree with SLLRunner, in that you should adjust your goal to 1lb a week and see how things go.

But, if you pre-log your days and fit in a few slices of pizza, you'll be happier (and possibly more successful) for it.

Good luck.