Losing fat around ribs and stomach

Options
I'm 5'6 and I way around 114 lb. The main problem areas on my body are my stomach, ribs and thighs. My thighs aren't the biggest concern because it's my hip shape. But I was wondering if there was a specific way to target the fat around my ribs or is it just overall weight loss.

Replies

• kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I dont think losing anymore weight is the way to go. Try strength workouts?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I way around 114 lb. The main problem areas on my body are my stomach, ribs and thighs. My thighs aren't the biggest concern because it's my hip shape. But I was wondering if there was a specific way to target the fat around my ribs or is it just overall weight loss.

The last thing you said is correct - weight loss happens overall, not in any specific area.

You are already underweight, so don't focus on the scale. You look very slender and pretty.

Find an exercise you like, and do more of it. You'll feel stronger and happier.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Maddy, how old are you? That will determine what kind of a strength program will suit you best.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can not spot reduce.

eat more and begin a progressive lifting program.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Maddy, you don't have problem areas other than your perception of what is normal and attractive

You look like a child, please speak to your parents and doctor before this gets out of hand
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    and you want to be 99 lbs?? definitely see a doctor!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think your weight for your height is a quite low. that saying, believe it or not I used to be underweight, and even though I was, I had a pooch belly. I was not athletic, didn't really exercise or work out at all. I never tried to work on it, too lazy, didn't care at the time, I wish I did care about it all then, I would probably of been healthier. You definitely don't need to loose weight, maybe gain some muscle from some type of weight lifting and toning? Good luck, you are a beautiful girl and I hope you don't loose any more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Maddy, you don't have problem areas other than your perception of what is normal and attractive

You look like a child, please speak to your parents and doctor before this gets out of hand

This
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    and you want to be 99 lbs?? definitely see a doctor!

And this
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP, I agree with everyone else, you look under 18 years and under weight, talk to your parents.