Macros fats

Options
Oscar8890
Oscar8890 Posts: 11 Member
Hi, was wondering if anyone can make any suggestions for the most part I'm usually eating less than the suggested calories. However, for my macros it is recommended I eat 30% fat 20% protein and 50 carbs. I usually eat less carbs to lose weight but always exceed the fat % eventhough I don't exceed calories. Any good foods lunch/dinner good in proteins and low in fats.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    The macro balance can be quite flexible. If you like eating fewer carbs and more fat, there's nothing wrong with that. The big thing is to get enough protein and fat.
  • mich19025
    mich19025 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can change these percentages to suit yourself on mfp. If you go to goals>custom settings then you can play about with it. I personally set my protein to match my body weight in pounds so that as I drop weight, i'm not sacrificing as much muscle. Fat is set to 0.45g per pound pf body weight too and the rest is filled with carbs.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Oscar8890 wrote: »
    Any good foods lunch/dinner good in proteins and low in fats.

Chicken breast without skin ? Bit soulless but fits the bill.

• Oscar8890
    Options
    mich19025 wrote: »
    You can change these percentages to suit yourself on mfp. If you go to goals>custom settings then you can play about with it. I personally set my protein to match my body weight in pounds so that as I drop weight, i'm not sacrificing as much muscle. Fat is set to 0.45g per pound pf body weight too and the rest is filled with carbs.

Thanks for the advice. I did notice my weight loss affected how big my arms looked so Ill try having my protein like my weight.
  • Oscar8890
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Oscar8890 wrote: »
    Any good foods lunch/dinner good in proteins and low in fats.

Chicken breast without skin ? Bit soulless but fits the bill.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it ill keep it in mind for meals.
  • Oscar8890
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    The macro balance can be quite flexible. If you like eating fewer carbs and more fat, there's nothing wrong with that. The big thing is to get enough protein and fat.
    Thanks, good to know
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    just make sure to eat around 1g protein per lb you weigh, the rest is personal preference. However with lower carbs, the body can tend to retain less water weight.