Need all the support I can get

poppymom23
poppymom23 Posts: 9 Member
My name is Patricia. I am 45 years old. I was diagnosed with a very agressive form of ms in 2007. Within 4 years, I found myself in a wheelchair. I have struggled with my weight for a while, but I had lost 70 pounds prior to going into the chair. I gained 55 of that back but have only managed to lose 13 again. Now my weight fluctuates as much as 10 pounds, a lot of times because of fluid retention from my legs swelling from various medication I take. It has been very frustrating . I know if I am very strict with my nutrition, I can lose some weight though. Being strict is very hard. I have to eat 50% or more just fruits and vegetables, then the rest pretty much protein with very little simple carbs. This is so hard. I need all the support I can get. I would also love to trade journals with some people. I hope I can be a support to some people too.

Replies

• kimkim876
    kimkim876 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Patricia. We are the same age so it would be lovely to support each other
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Hi Patricia, I eat for the most part lots of fruits,vegetables, lean proteins and a little carbs( ice cream and skinny pop popcorn). feel free to add me, Id be happy to help keep you motivated. :)
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Hi Patricia

Feel free to to add me. I turned 40 this year and I'm a borderline diabetic. Let's keep each other motivated!