Anticpating retirement and healthy living

Options
Hi everyone - I'm within a two year window of retirement and envision an active one. The challenge is I'm a creature of sedentary habits and really need to change my behaviour patterns now. I commute every work day (3 hrs) and have an office job - you can see the challenge :)

Looking to build in tracking food and increasing exercise that fits my normal day - thinking walking at lunch (never do this) and using the stairs as a start. I'm considering this community as part of my coaching team.

Heather (Moonying - long story, my mom wanted this to be my name at one point)

Replies

• greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    here for you heather!! Good for you!! starting is the first step in the journey. I found for me, investing in my vivo fit 2 activity tracker, keeps me moving. and I can see my i can see my accomplishments at a glance. A lot of people use fit bit, it is the origi,nal tracker. but vivo fit 2 has a inactivity bar that lights up when you haven t moved in an hour. this motivates me to get up. just a suggestion. but excercise in general is key for me, made all the difference, just walking does alot. feel free to add me