Does Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Program Work?

Options
I need to lose 10 kg of my current weigh. I am planning to start with 30 Day Shred. Has anyone tried it?

Would like to know about some experiences and reviews. Thanks

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Are planning to eat at a deficit while you do it? If yes, sure.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    The workouts are fine and are free on YT (except maybe level 3 - I think it wasn't on there last time I checked but it could be now).

The diet program is silly. I'd just make sure you are eating at a reasonable deficit and getting enough protein.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    my profile pic shows my results day 1 and day 20 I am doing 90 days all together and will post another pic once I get to day 60 I have lost 12lbs
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    oh I dont follow the diet plan
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it kicked my butt. From what I hear from others, it works and it is great for beginners. :D Good luck!
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 right now and I've gotten stronger and more fit. I burn at least 200 calories which helps with calorie deficit, which in its turn helps with weight loss. So yeah, it works :smile:
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What is YT?
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's a decent workout, I tend to get bored by doing the same thing everyday though. If you stick to it and eat sensibly while you're doing it, you'll notice a difference within a week or so, but that applies to all workouts, there's nothing that makes this one special. I'd say give it a try, see if you like the routine of it, if not mix it up with other workouts.

Wouldn't recommended if you got knee problems though, there's a lot of lunging involved.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of level 2 and honestly? Yes it does work. I've lost weight and my pants are already getting more loose. I follow that and combine it with a few days of cardio a week and have seen results. However, you do of course need to eat at a calorie deficit. I was a complete beginner when I started and it is tough at first, but you soon get into it and see improvements fast.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    What is YT?

YouTube, sorry
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes... if you: 1) Eat at a deficit 2) Do the work

It probably won't make you lose 10kg for the first time you do it, but it's exercise. Any exercise combined with a calorie deficit will help you lose weight.

I've done it 3 times. I don't know how much weight I lost doing it (I wasn't weighing myself at the time, just looking to be more fit). The first round I was barely able to use 2lbs weights. By my third time doing it, I was using 7lbs and 10lbs weights. It does work. It led to me doing Ripped in 30, Body Revolution, and now I'm completing Insanity for the first time. (Two more weeks until I'm done!)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Are planning to eat at a deficit while you do it? If yes, sure.

This.

It won't work if you eat the same or more calorie than you burn.

It will work if you eat less calories than you burn.

It's your choice.
  • glamcloset70
    glamcloset70 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone for the wonderful replies.
    I l start it from tomorrow. Looking forward to share my success story soon. :)
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, if your eating less calories than you burn obvi. It isnt super fun, Jillian gets on my nerves and you have to make sure you do the moves right not to stress your knee joints. Its great for losing inches though!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Work for what exactly? Weight loss happens in the kitchen, JM is for fitness.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    *Anything* works so long as you maintain a Caloric Deficit while doing it, right?
  • 80eightkeys
    80eightkeys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did it and enjoyed it. Level 3 was intense. I liked it because it was short and effective.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I did it and enjoyed it. Level 3 was intense. I liked it because it was short and effective.

I used it when I first started, and that's exactly what I liked about it. 30 minutes is easy to commit to, & easy to fit into a day. The intervals are also short, so it's all very doable for someone new to exercise (who's in reasonable health, I mean). There's a bit of resistance, it gets your heart rate up, I think it's good for hitting basic fitness targets. I found her style encouraging, too.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit for weight loss. Exercise to help the deficit and for health.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i don't know if its because I hate working out besides, pilates, lifting, and swimming... BUT I can't really get passed the warm up. Not because I can't handle it but idk I really don't like it haha.