Home work outs

Options
I am thinking of purchasing ChaLEAN Extreme or some other fitness dvd collection to use. Just wondering if it's worth the money. If you have purchased this or other home fitness dvds and fitness games (wii, kinect, etc), what do you use and what about it do you like or dislike?

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have ChaLEAN Extreme and have done several rounds - I absolutely LOVE it! The strength training is excellent and I love how strong I look and feel. Currently, i do ChaLEAN on the lifting days and sub in other cardio on the other days, just for variety, but the interval cardio in ChaLEAN is very good also. Highly recommend!

My other fave DVDs are TurboJam (another Chalene Johnson workout), Insanity and Rodney Yee yoga for stretching.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    i just got the biggest loser challenge for the wii, I love it... its great for all stages of people that work out, from beginner to the extream types...
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i do all kinds of stuff, some tae-bo , got a couple diffrent jillian micheals , hip hop abs (thats fun) zumba. and just got zumba for the wii an need to find my EA active for the wii i
    I like to mix it up. i do 30 shred but not every day, get bored that way.
    i have several things down load on my lap top. and exercise tv on the ondemand has tons of stuff. so i never get bored.
    and i go to the gym usualy 4 times a week.
  • JudyP0389
    JudyP0389 Posts: 46
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone Power walking videos and Zumba Fit for Wii!:happy:
  • innerspiraling
    innerspiraling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have to say my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD is doing more for me than any class series or program in a gym that I've ever done, and I never thought I'd say that...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have all the Zumba DVDs and love them. I've never done a workout that has changed my abs so much without doing crunches or getting on the floor. And it's just a really fun cardio workout.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just purchased Jillian Michaels 30 day shred about 30 minutes ago! Can't wait to try it!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and LOVE it! I get on it for 30 minutes a day. Wii Fit Plus tell you how many calories you burned during the activity. and then I do Just Dance for 60 minutes 5 -6 times a week. I do Zumba once a week. It's all for the Wii. I do the Just Dance with my 17 year old daughter. It's a blast. And a couple of days ago she got me hooked on Dance Dance Revolution. :) Good to have you hear. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can use all the support we can get.
  • CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus and I love it. Along with keeping track of weight and so on it has a huge assortment of exercises for cardio, strength, endurance and balance. You can make a routine of your own or do the fun fitness games. It is something worth looking into.
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I purchased quite a slew of home workout DVDs LOL

Biggest Loser Power Scult, Boot Camp, and Weightloss Yoga ~ I don't care much for the first, like the 2nd but don't LOVE it, but I do LOVE the Yoga!! You SWEAT!

Leslie Sandstone's Walk Away the Pounds~ I have a few of hers, and I use them occasionally but I get bored with them QUICKLY

Jillian Michaels~ I bought 3 of hers, but haven't actually tried them. Others have loved the 30Day Shred though.

Turbo Jam~ LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my TJ workouts!! I have the set with 5 workouts (Learn and Burn, 20mins workout, Turbo Sculpt, an Ab one, and I don't remember the 5th), Punch Kick and Jam, and the Fat Blaster workouts. I love them all!!

ChaLean Extreme~ I bought it a few years ago, but only just started it one week ago. I've already upped the weights I use, and have been able to increase the intensity of some of the exercises so I know I'm getting stronger already! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Core Rhythms~ I wasn't that impressed.

Yoga Booty Ballet~ HATED HATED HATED it. Usually I like the "dancy" type ones but I couldn't get into this one.

Sweatin to the Oldies~ somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but I LOVE these ones. LMAO How can you not get pumped up watching Richard running around in those little shorts, yelling at everyone to "feel the burn!"

Hopefully that helps you a little bit. It really depends on what type of workout you are looking to do. ChaLean Extreme does have some cardio days to it too, but it's also weight work (and the recharge workout is mostly all yoga stretching, which feels fantastic!!). I highly recommend it, but I haven't ever tried any other workouts that I can compare to it (like P90X, etc).
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the reviews of your favorite at home fitness routines!!
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I am turning into a Jillian Michaels addict. I recently started using her dvd's and am LOVING it. I'm starting a new regime where I do 30 day shred 5-6 days a week, burn fat, boost metabolism 3 days a week and then 6 week 6 pack 2-3 days a week (if I end up doing that 6th day). I really believe I will see great results doing these.

I did 30 day shred already but didn't do anything else except the occasional 20 mins on a work out bike. I lost 5 pounds and 7.5 inches in a month. OH, I also did take weekends off so I didn't do it 30 days straight. I think getting those kind of results only really working out 20 mins a day is pretty damn amazing.
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I purchased quite a slew of home workout DVDs LOL

Biggest Loser Power Scult, Boot Camp, and Weightloss Yoga ~ I don't care much for the first, like the 2nd but don't LOVE it, but I do LOVE the Yoga!! You SWEAT!

Leslie Sandstone's Walk Away the Pounds~ I have a few of hers, and I use them occasionally but I get bored with them QUICKLY

Jillian Michaels~ I bought 3 of hers, but haven't actually tried them. Others have loved the 30Day Shred though.

Turbo Jam~ LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my TJ workouts!! I have the set with 5 workouts (Learn and Burn, 20mins workout, Turbo Sculpt, an Ab one, and I don't remember the 5th), Punch Kick and Jam, and the Fat Blaster workouts. I love them all!!

ChaLean Extreme~ I bought it a few years ago, but only just started it one week ago. I've already upped the weights I use, and have been able to increase the intensity of some of the exercises so I know I'm getting stronger already! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Core Rhythms~ I wasn't that impressed.

Yoga Booty Ballet~ HATED HATED HATED it. Usually I like the "dancy" type ones but I couldn't get into this one.

Sweatin to the Oldies~ somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but I LOVE these ones. LMAO How can you not get pumped up watching Richard running around in those little shorts, yelling at everyone to "feel the burn!"

Hopefully that helps you a little bit. It really depends on what type of workout you are looking to do. ChaLean Extreme does have some cardio days to it too, but it's also weight work (and the recharge workout is mostly all yoga stretching, which feels fantastic!!). I highly recommend it, but I haven't ever tried any other workouts that I can compare to it (like P90X, etc).