No weight change this week... not eating enough?

Options
Lysander666
Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Over the last week my weight has not changed at all... well up by .25 of a lb which I don't consider noteworthy at all.

After weighing and measuring everything I would have eaten turns out I overestimated by calories. On three days I was possibly under 1200, when you take off walking (I walk a lot during the day and am set at sedentary). Would this contribute to the lack of loss?

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No. Probably hormonal or water
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Over the last week my weight has not changed at all... well up by .25 of a lb which I don't consider noteworthy at all.

After weighing and measuring everything I would have eaten turns out I overestimated by calories. On three days I was possibly under 1200, when you take up walking [I walk a lot during the day and am set at sedentary]. Would this contribute to the lack of loss?

Starvation mode (or however you want to call it) is not a thing. Don't worry too much. Weight loss takes time :smile:
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    No. Probably hormonal or water

^This.

Or you ate more than you think you did.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about unless you are not honest with your weight and measures. I can flucuate 2-3 lbs in a day.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the idea that you would lose weight every single week?

Don't go by any single week....look at the trend over time.

Weight loss is not linear. Any number of factors (hormones, water weight, as indicated above) could play with the number on the scale.

Weigh, measure and log your food (and drinks) faithfully, stay within your calorie goal, and the scale will move. Maybe not on the timetable you would like, but it will move.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NO, it doesn't work that way. If you're in a deficit, you will lose, just not necessarily every week. You may lose 3 pounds one week and nothing for two. Patience.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    why would you eat more, if youre not losing weight?

anyways.... weight loss is not linear. some weeks you lose, some you gain, some you stay the same.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    One week is meaningless. Just keep on, and if you've been underestimating and eating below 1200, fix that. That's not the issue, but it's not a great thing to do regularly.