Goal weight

Options
This morning I weighed in at the weight I had long thought would be my ultimate goal weight. At 5'8", I thought 145 would be the perfect stopping point. Now that I am here... I know that it isn't time to stop. I have plenty of work left to do. I know I have made progress... But all I can see is just how much more room there if left to improve. Trying to have a good attitude about pressing on.. I realize now I don't have any idea what a good weight for me will look like. I guess I will just keep pushing until I am happy with what I see in the mirror.

Going to shake off the discouragement/disappointment with a little fasted cardio. I got this.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does your exercise routine include strength/resistance training?
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This morning I weighed in at the weight I had long thought would be my ultimate goal weight. At 5'8", I thought 145 would be the perfect stopping point. Now that I am here... I know that it isn't time to stop. I have plenty of work left to do. I know I have made progress... But all I can see is just how much more room there if left to improve. Trying to have a good attitude about pressing on.. I realize now I don't have any idea what a good weight for me will look like. I guess I will just keep pushing until I am happy with what I see in the mirror.

Going to shake off the discouragement/disappointment with a little fasted cardio. I got this.

Please don't be discouraged. It's a great milestone and you should celebrate with happy cardio!! :)
    Or maybe switch to higher ratio of strength training, cuz you'll be amazed by how increased muscle %/ reduced fat % can do to your appearance & effect to cardio!
  • RNChristie33
    RNChristie33 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I do incorporate weight training, although not much. I had it in mind to start seriously lifting and working on recomposition once I was ok with my scale weight, in order to avoid the mind games that the scale plays once a serious lifting program gets started. I'm decided I'm going to start a more regular program/routine in another 5 lbs - so 140. That should be another 5 weeks or so.