Hi all

Options
Hi there I'm new trying to loose weight I'm eating under my calorie goal and have two kids who keep me on the go but it seems that I'm only putting weight on not loosing any.

Anybody got any advice

Replies

• yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some sort of medical condition, you are definitely eating above your calorie goal. Are you weighing all your food with a food scale or eyeballing it?
  • AlisonPfister
    AlisonPfister Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yea weighing it cut out loads of junk foods am really struggling
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing all your foods with a scale then you need to open your diary.
  • yeahfatty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How long have you been eating at a deficit? Also are you logging any exercise & eating back all of the calories? It would help a lot if you opened up your diary. Right now it's kind of like shooting in the dark.
  • AlisonPfister
    Options
    About a month now I logged in all my steps I do daily and using my phone to keep track of how many I do a day I'm pretty new to all this and how do I open my food diary
  • yeahfatty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'd suggest you don't eat any exercise calories then, because walking around is just a part of your every day life.
    You did open your diary & it looks like you have a lot of half logged day? Where you've only logged two meals? Additionally you have a lot of "cup" entries & fruit entries that aren't weighed but logged as "one apple" for example. I assume those aren't weighed, just measured?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    My home/settings/privacy settings
  • supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape if that's your goal is a combination of Nutrition, Exercise and Sleep. Doing just one or two of those three and ignoring the others will return little success. MyFitnessPal is a great way to set some goals, keep track of what your eating and have some accountability via support and friends.

To set some goals click "MY HOME", then "GOALS".

To open your food diary click "FOOD" then "FOOD DIARY".

Don't forget to keep track of your water intake, hydration is part of nutrition.

There are plenty of different exercise plans around, check some of the forum posts on this topic and see what works for you, don't forget that exercise will burn calories and you may have to adjust your eating habits to comply with that, but don't worry, your food diary will automatically adjust itself when you log in the exercises you've done for that particular day. You do this by clicking "EXERCISE" then "EXERCISE DIARY".

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask more questions!
  • AlisonPfister
    Options
    I only eat two meals a day mainly and I'd eat the whole apple that's why it's one Apple if that make sense I don't want to go over and am need of new scales so been using a cup to measure
  • queenliz99
    Options
    vanilla cake 0 calories?

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • AlisonPfister
    Options
    Wow no more cake then
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Cake is fine as long as is fits your calorie intake for the day but zero calories for cake, I WANT some:)
  • AlisonPfister
    Options
    I hand make it never measure any of it so use to making it I guess I got to use to not weight things
  • yeahfatty
    Options
    That's your problem right there. You need to start weighing all your food including fruit or you will continue to gain because your eyeballing/cup measuring is not accurate enough.
  • Ouch_That_Hurt
    Ouch_That_Hurt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would say to up your protein I was struggling and gaining instead of losing. A couple of different people mentioned my protein intake wasn't enough. Well since I upped my protein to 100-120 grams a day I started losing weight and I have more energy.
  • AlisonPfister
    Options
    Thank will do more weighing
  • MichiganGirl67
    MichiganGirl67 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I might suggest you try eating 5-6 smaller meals instead of loading up just 2 times a day. Those long periods of going without food turns your body into a storage facility. It wants to keep all it can because it doesn't know when it will get more. So it turns everything into fat so it can store it. Try it for a few weeks, this has helped me lose 37 pounds.
  • MichiganGirl67
    MichiganGirl67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't go more than 2-3 hours without eating unless your sleeping. Of course you still have to eat nutritiously or it's just a waste of time.
  • AlisonPfister
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks I'll stock up on food and I'll do it thanks