liquid diet after too much junk food..advice

Options
I fell off the wagon with a thud the last month or so. I've been binging and eating junk most meals. I'm to the point I feel really cruddy physically. Tomorrow is my new day. My stomach has been upset for 2 days. I want to start by eating light and things that are easy on the stomach. I'm not opposed to just doing a liquid diet to give my stomach a rest. Does anyone have any ideas on things that would be light and not hard to digest? I'd really like to restrict to all liquids for most of tomorrow since I've had a stomach ache for the last day or two. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're looking for a liquid diet for just tomorrow? Or to stick to for a while?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Foods easy to digest: white rice, oats, plain crackers, soup, tuna, scrambled eggs, turkey lunch meat.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Foods easy to digest: white rice, oats, plain crackers, soup, tuna, scrambled eggs, turkey lunch meat.

These. Or toast with butter.

You need things with some form and/or fibre to them.

A liquid diet is just going to make your stomach do worse things.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »

These. Or toast with butter.

You need things with some form and/or fibre to them.

A liquid diet is just going to make your stomach do worse things.

+1. Forgive yourself for over-indulging and eat solids lightly for a few days until your stomach feels better. Then go back to your normal calorie goal (no less than 1200, hopefully more).

Also, I find bananas and applesauce good for upset stomach.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    why not just eat some good food? why do people think juicing and whatnot is some kind of magic to purge the junk...go eat some grilled chicken and greens and have a sweet potato...
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A liquid diet will just lead to more cravings and binges.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Forget the liquid diet. I would eat some of the foods that were mentioned above and not worry about the junk that you say you had.
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) is typically recommended for upset stomachs.
  • whee1234
    whee1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like some homemade chicken soup when I feel icky.

Cook up some chicken with onions, celery, carrots, and plenty of broth. Add some noodles or rice or sweet potato if you want it to be more filling.

Warm and comforting and low calorie!
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    From a nurse here:

She is likely talking about eating for an upset stomach not going on a liquid diet just to diet here.

Actually when one is sick and the stomach is ill they can start with a clear liquid diet, then when that stays down and you don't feel sick from it you move on to full liquids: add milk, yogurt, puddings, juices (you can have the clear ones on clear liquids). After that no longer makes you sick to your stomach add soft gentle foods....if you have diarrhea go with the BRAT diet mentioned above but if you don't then a lot of the soft easy foods above are good. Also avoid acidic foods for a while til you recover. Then when the soft foods don't upset your stomach you can bring in the rest of the elements of a healthy diet.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, I don't see how its beneficial at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    When you finish the liquid diet, try eating more healthy foods. You'll stay nice and full and be better nourished. Fruits, veggies, lean white meats, fish, low-fat dairy, whole grain breads.

It does a body good! :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    cknight143 wrote: »
    I fell off the wagon with a thud the last month or so. I've been binging and eating junk most meals. I'm to the point I feel really cruddy physically. Tomorrow is my new day. My stomach has been upset for 2 days. I want to start by eating light and things that are easy on the stomach. I'm not opposed to just doing a liquid diet to give my stomach a rest. Does anyone have any ideas on things that would be light and not hard to digest? I'd really like to restrict to all liquids for most of tomorrow since I've had a stomach ache for the last day or two. Thanks in advance.

I'm curious, did you eat these same foods before starting your weight loss?
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have felt crummy too after too much junk. Green juice helps--not for a long time--don't everyone flip out--just for a day or too, not unlike recovering from the flu. This is not a long term diet/lifestyle thing, just to settle your stomach and not feel so blah after eating poorly. Lots and lots of water, green juice, maybe some fresh veggies to snack on if you can handle it. Green tea if you can. A day or two won't hurt you.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Add some yogurt to your daily menu.
  • apmat
    apmat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go for a liquid diet to help get me back on track. Right now I am mixing protein powder, brown sugar, dark cocoa, powdered peanut butter, and flaxseed meal with unsweetened coconut milk. Pretty balanced nutritionally, filling and tastes alright.
  • cknight143
    cknight143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorchya wrote: »
    From a nurse here:

She is likely talking about eating for an upset stomach not going on a liquid diet just to diet here.

Actually when one is sick and the stomach is ill they can start with a clear liquid diet, then when that stays down and you don't feel sick from it you move on to full liquids: add milk, yogurt, puddings, juices (you can have the clear ones on clear liquids). After that no longer makes you sick to your stomach add soft gentle foods....if you have diarrhea go with the BRAT diet mentioned above but if you don't then a lot of the soft easy foods above are good. Also avoid acidic foods for a while til you recover. Then when the soft foods don't upset your stomach you can bring in the rest of the elements of a healthy diet.

I am so glad you understood what I meant. Thank you for the advice!
  • cknight143
    cknight143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    cknight143 wrote: »

I'm curious, did you eat these same foods before starting your weight loss?
    I did but not like I have in the last few months. I've been eating a lot of fast food and sweets. More of the fast food and fried foods have been giving me a stomach ache.