query

Options
hi I am new and was wondering if there is anyway of stopping your exercise calories being added to your daily total - I don't want to use then that way I figure I should lose more weight

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can do that if you buy the Premium.

On the free version, I understand that you can change all of your calorie burns to 1 calorie when you enter the exercise if you wish.

What I do is I just don't enter my exercise into MFP. I keep a notebook to write down exercise so that I can keep track of it.

Having said that, MyFitnessPal's calorie goal is planned with the intent that you'll add back your exercise calories. Since the exercise calories tend to be overestimated, it's been suggested that you just add back about 50% of those exercise calories.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I add my exercise but just do the math and don't use them... I'm not advising that. Only been here a week and am still feeling my way around and seeing how it all goes. I may wind up using them depending on my progress. My food diary always looks like I took in too few cals because of this but as long as I am losing (and not too fast) and feel alert and good that's what I'll keep doing.
  • Maggiedd01
    Maggiedd01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys this is my 2nd day so still finding my way round as well, I think I'll keep a separate diary , how are you finding MFP as a weight loss tool