Success is inside of you

Options
I weighed 290 lbs and was eating fast food every day I was misreble with my body and even more with my actions... I hated myself and because of that I hated everyone around me too... I broke every bridge I every made. I met a friend who was into being healthy and maintaining and building muscle he told me one day that if I started lifting that he promised I could lose weight and be buff... At the time he had so many women interested in him and he seemed happy . I wanted to be buff I went to the gym 6 days a week with and without my friend it got to the point he was bored lifting and I kept pushing through the pain and the excuses I began taking my girlfriend at the time to the gym she has lost 150 lbs now and has completely changed her life. Later on inside my year of lifting weights I took my son full time and have been taking my son to the local YMCA to keep lifting and let him play at daycare he loves it there ... To this day with lifting alone I have lost 100 lbs and in many areas am bigger than the friend that I began lifting with ... You can do this too if you just believe that you can ... I lift for happiness now it makes me happy to better myself now I have rebuilt Many of my former bridges and love myself this lifestyle makes me so happy and I want that happiness for you.

Replies

• knockall
    knockall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You seem like the epitome of hard work and success, turning something bad into something great. Great for you!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Have you thought about going to school to become a personal trainer?
  • AlphaFlexes
    AlphaFlexes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have worked very hard for what I have now... I still have a very hard 15 lbs to lose maybe 25 but I have been working very hard :)
  • AlphaFlexes
    Options
    I have not yet thought of being a personal trainer I would love to do that as a side job helping others achieve the same happiness that I have aquired ... However my body is not yet where it needs to be to help train others yet
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great work and dedication
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success!! Yeah personal trainer! Your success and dedication could help a lot of people.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post. Much happiness to you. :mrgreen:
  • AlphaFlexes
    Options
    Thanks everyone it means a lot
  • AlphaFlexes
    Options
    how do I post pictures before and after
  • tatsujinpo
    tatsujinpo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weighed 290 lbs and was eating fast food every day I was misreble with my body and even more with my actions... I hated myself and because of that I hated everyone around me too... I broke every bridge I every made. I met a friend who was into being healthy and maintaining and building muscle he told me one day that if I started lifting that he promised I could lose weight and be buff... At the time he had so many women interested in him and he seemed happy . I wanted to be buff I went to the gym 6 days a week with and without my friend it got to the point he was bored lifting and I kept pushing through the pain and the excuses I began taking my girlfriend at the time to the gym she has lost 150 lbs now and has completely changed her life. Later on inside my year of lifting weights I took my son full time and have been taking my son to the local YMCA to keep lifting and let him play at daycare he loves it there ... To this day with lifting alone I have lost 100 lbs and in many areas am bigger than the friend that I began lifting with ... You can do this too if you just believe that you can ... I lift for happiness now it makes me happy to better myself now I have rebuilt Many of my former bridges and love myself this lifestyle makes me so happy and I want that happiness for you.

Pics bro?
  • AlphaFlexes
    Options
    I have honestly been looking how to put pics in but I can't find a way to do so if you told me how I would post before and after pics
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    upload to a 3rd party photo hosting site and paste the url here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!