Never feel full!

Options
Help please! I am finding it difficult to feel full while staying within my allowed daily calories. I have my settings set to lose 1 pound/week. Any suggestions of foods or suppliments to help feel full would be most welcomed please!! :wink:

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Getting more fiber helps. Also, think about whether you want to feel "full", or if you can look at it the other way and wait until you feel HUNGRY before needing to eat.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I suspect people will ask to see your food diary...it would be helpful to know what you are eating.

That said, are you drinking enough water? Getting enough fiber in your diet? Eating lots of fruits and veggies? Making sure you get "good" fats? All of those things will help you feel more full.

But I also wonder if you might need to retrain yourself to stop eating when you feel "satisfied." Not full.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Up your fiber and protein. And change your way of thinking. Are you satisfied? That should be the goal. Not full. Just not hungry any more. That was something I struggled with. And are you eating back your exercise calories? taht is important too.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good advice on the water - that will help. Another thing I do is drink tea (herbal) at night. I pick great flavors like cinammon, vanilla, chai, orange. The warmth and the flavor are great and they do fill me up. I drink 2-3 cups a day. Foods with protein (versus carbs) will also help. Keep up the good fight! :-) Yvonne
  • DanishD
    DanishD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fiber and fat!! You need some fats. Avocados are a great fiber & fat start as well as peanut butter!
  • AnnKuperRogers
    AnnKuperRogers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had that same problem. The trick for me is to always carry my water/vitamin water zero combination. I drink it in between meals and it totally satisfies me!
  • JFoster26
    JFoster26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't know if this will help. I'm sure you've heard it before, but for me, drinking more water has made a HUGE difference. I had no idea that my body could be sending me signals that I was "hungry" when, in actuality, I was thirsty. I have also increased my fiber intake and instead of eating cereal for breakfast I am starting to have a Whey Protein shake instead. It's really helping me feel full for longer.

Good Luck!
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I try to always include food I like during the day, and I eat lots of snack - very rarely feel hungry. I always have an english muffin w peanut butter, and 4 ounces of milk and half a banana about an hour before I go to bed - it's part of my daily count. Keeps me from waking up from hunger!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    For me this works... high fiber (whole grain bread and pasta), lean proteins, fresh veggies, limited fruits, and the occassional treat (1-2 times a week).
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options
    Vegetables are nutritionally dense, calorically poor, and high in volume! The fact that you would need to eat 95 cups of spinach to equal the calories in a whopper is a testament to how much more you get to eat if you're eating the right things.
    Also, EXERCISE! When in doubt, work it out! It'll not only allow you more calories, but it'll curb your hunger (believe it or not, rigorous cardio will not make you ravenous immediately post).
    And of course, water. :)

Good luck. Stay strong!
  • nicoolio77
    nicoolio77 Posts: 6
    Options
    :heart: THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

I appreciate your feedback and support - super inspiring
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I suggest adding more fats and protein to your meals, along with fiber. It's amazing how much more full you will feel on a breakfast of apple + 1 oz cheese + greek yogurt than toast and jam :) I also regularly can't eat all of my food; it really does matter what you eat! If you need a suggestion of something to eat for brekkie... I like Red Mill's "Right Stuff" hot cereal. It is delicious and makes a TON of food. You get about a cup of cooked cereal for 130 calories! I just save the rest for other mornings. If you want my recipe, message me and I will send it your way!