Pasta Recipe: High Protein, Low Carb and Fat

Options
moondrake
moondrake Posts: 37 Member
Makes 4 servings, each 421 calories, 5.6g fat, 35.9g carbs, 56.3g protein.

3/4 lb cleaned chopped chicken breast
2 cups chopped tomatoes (5-6 romas)
5 oz chopped broccoli
3 oz chopped green onions (1bunch)
6oz sliced zucchini (1small)
2 cups "Power greens" (spinach, Swiss chard, kale)
1 can chicken broth
Italian herbs and seasonings to taste, fennel is recommended
8oz organic edamame spaghetti (Costco)
Spritz cooking oil

Spritz nonstick pan, saute chicken. When chicken is cooked, add tomatoes. When tomatoes start to soften, add broccoli. When broccoli turns bright green, add onions and squash. Add broth, cover and bring to boil. Add greens, boil uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring in greens as they soften. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook pasta till tender, 4-5 minutes. Divide pasta into bowls, top with sauce. For a thicker sauce add 1 can crushed tomatoes instead of broth and increase seasonings.

Replies

• greg88rosen
    greg88rosen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That looks like a great recipe
    I'll have to try it
  • LeighaLucas
    LeighaLucas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How big are the servings?
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How big are the servings?

The 2oz serving of dry pasta, once cooked, is about 6oz, and each dish got two ladles of sauce. It pretty much filled up a breakfast cereal bowl. I had workout calories left but I was full and didn't want anything else. I was also pleased to find that the pasta had little flavor, I was afraid it would have a strong soybean flavor, limiting the sort of topping I could put on it. But the plain pasta was very neutral in flavor, which will lend itself to a variety of toppings. I put an Italian cheese blend on it for my non dieting friend and he liked it very well.