IPhone or Android

Options
2»

Replies

• jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone :)) I am tempted to go for the iphone mainly cause I am taking my mom's IPad for University so it would just make things easier in terms of synchronization. Also the iphone LOOKS (physically) more attractive than the androids in my opinion.
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone :)) I am tempted to go for the iphone mainly cause I am taking my mom's IPad for University so it would just make things easier in terms of synchronization. Also the iphone LOOKS (physically) more attractive than the androids in my opinion.

I too am partial to just having a nice looking pgone lol The only Galaxy's were ugly in my eyes because it had two touch buttons on the bottom with one physical button. Just a weird design there.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I disliked Android when I had it but really like my iPhone
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Android. I recommend the HTC One but Galaxy is solid choice as well.

I did the whole Apple thing for a while. Had the iPad and iPhone. I felt so trendy and cool for a while. Yes, the UI is very simple and streamlined, but I got tired of being stuck in the Apple box (iTunes, iMessages, iCloud, etc.). Also, iMessages really pissed me off with lost messages and Apple's attitude that it was not their fault.

Android gives you WAY more flexibility. Yes, it can be a pain at first, but once you learn the ins and outs, you can really make it your own and unleash the real power or smartphones.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Android. I recommend the HTC One but Galaxy is solid choice as well.

I did the whole Apple thing for a while. Had the iPad and iPhone. I felt so trendy and cool for a while. Yes, the UI is very simple and streamlined, but I got tired of being stuck in the Apple box (iTunes, iMessages, iCloud, etc.). Also, iMessages really pissed me off with lost messages and Apple's attitude that it was not their fault.

Android gives you WAY more flexibility. Yes, it can be a pain at first, but once you learn the ins and outs, you can really make it your own and unleash the real power or smartphones.

iMessage lose is just a limitation of there software and issue with imessage handshaking with normal messages. You can turn it off all together if you don't like it that much.

Android offers a sweet of fancy bells and whistles but rarely do they work perfectly all the time, every time.

You can do everything you need on an iphone as you can on android. Everything legal that is.
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Yeah I've had my android for 2 years and I do love it. Just am leaning towards more of a change I guess. Plus I'm not very tech savvy so connecting my android to a computer or trying to find or add files was more frustrating than it should have been. Need simplicity!!
  • MFD7576
    Options
    Yeah I've had my android for 2 years and I do love it. Just am leaning towards more of a change I guess. Plus I'm not very tech savvy so connecting my android to a computer or trying to find or add files was more frustrating than it should have been. Need simplicity!!

I felt the same way with syncing Music, Android takes for ever and you have to police the entire thing. iPhone is plug in and run! plus Apple Music is a god send these days. 10 bucks unlimited music a month
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Iphone because:
    - it allows you to set app permissions on a granular level instead of Androids dumb all-or-nothing system.
    - my car can control the music player on it but not on Android phones.
    - carriers are not allowed to install bloatware and garbageware on iPhones.
    -I can download an IOS update as soon as Apple releases it and not have to guess if my carrier or phone manufacturer will allow it.

Things I really dislike about the iPhone:
    -every browser has to be build upon webkit, or whatever it is Safari uses.
    -the UI and usability has gone downhill since IOS8. I really dislike the flat icons, using text as buttons, and let's make everything grey.

• jessicatombari
    Options
    Update: got the iPhone !!
  • MFD7576
    Options
    So proud , they grow up so soon
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    iPhone 4 lyfe!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options

Smart girl!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    The specs of the S6 blow the Iphone out of the water... just saying. Other than that, it's up to you, what you want, and what you'll use it for.

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/the-best-smartphone-for-every-need-1718136855

*edited to add link
    My DW just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy 6 and it's really cool. Lots of really cool features like if you forgot where you parked your car, you can use Google Now to locate it along with a lot of other personal stuff.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• djones197982
    djones197982 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

just remeber apple works with apple and that is it!
  • MFD7576
    Options

just remeber apple works with apple and that is it!

Apple Music is on Android and Windows phone now, which is awesome might I add. iTunes works very well on windows os and I haven't found a single thing besides iMessage that would worth having that isn't already.

Dropbox, MS Word and Excel, Onedrive, ITunes, everything works flawlessly between different people.
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone. I had an android but didn't like how messy it felt all the time. I love how sleek the iphones are and now Apple Music.