Mini Goal NSV

Options
ItsTerriC
ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
When I started on MFP, I had some vague weight loss goals, but no deadlines. I just wanted to be fit and leaner by the time I turn 50 in September. Then I started noticing other people had set mini goals and decided that maybe that would help me too. If I had a timeline, it might keep me more focused.

About the same time I was making the mini goal decision I ordered a dress to wear to nephew's wedding. I ordered the size the chart said I needed. I hoped that by the time the wedding came around it might be a bit loose, but I'm never optimistic enough to order a size I "hope" to be able to wear. The dress came in and I tried it on. It wouldn't zip. Not happening. Not with 2 hands. Not with someone else's help. Not going up past my ribs. Now, if it had been my waist, it wouldn't have surprised me. But my ribs? What the heck are you supposed to do about ribs!!?
So, now I have my mini goal of weight 130 by the wedding and I have a dress that my stubborn self will not give up on. I might mention that shortly after I set my mini goals I had some things happen that sent me in to a depression. I couldn't work out. I could barely get up and go to work every day. Life had punched me hard and took my breath for a while. I got through it, but managed to gain back 5 of the 10lbs I had lost. Oh well, I did it to myself and I would undo it.

Fast forward to yesterday. The day of the wedding. I had been so careful with my calories and worked out like crazy. I put on the dress and proudly was able to zip it, wear it and still breathe. I danced non-stop for 2 1/2 hours at the wedding and felt great.

I didn't reach my weight goal. That's ok. I'm seeing changes in my body and it isn't quite as important what number shows up on that sadistic little dial. I got the dress zipped!!!!!

Oh, and pardon the pictures. I forgot to take any until we were on our way home. It was about 1:00 in the morning in a convenience store bathroom after I had been dancing my butt off. It was a fabulous wedding, btw.

20110530000157.jpg
20110530000204.jpg

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous in that dress! Congratulations! job well done. :drinker:
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    Love the dress and you look great! Nice NSV
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow ...Fantastic! Wish I could look that good after dancing the night away! Awesome NSV!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yeah , the dress is great and you are hot ...BUT...........LOOK AT THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!! I loooove your shoes, and am super impressed you danced all night in them. Oh, did I mention , I have a thing for great shoes,( I also have a closet dedicated to shoes) lol !
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Yeah, yeah , the dress is great and you are hot ...BUT...........LOOK AT THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!! I loooove your shoes, and am super impressed you danced all night in them. Oh, did I mention , I have a thing for great shoes,( I also have a closet dedicated to shoes) lol !

Haha, I love the shoes too. I was the only one at the reception who didn't kick off the shoes and put on flip flops. Flip flops with that dress, I soo don't think so. My nephews all thought Aunt Terri kicked butt for dancing in those beauties all night when the 'younguns' couldn't hang. Besides, those heels do amazing things for my legs! Of course, my feet are paying for it today, lol.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    you look so fantastic :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!

The dress looks beautiful on you....and the shoes! :)

Karen
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you! You look awesome!
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome! Keep it up, Terri! You may not have hit all the goals you THOUGHT you wanted to hit, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to look that great coming up on 50! Awesome!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options

I totally agree! You ROCK!! You look awesome! You ARE awesome!!!
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    You rocked that dress!!!!
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    congradulations you look gorgeous i love that dress btw!!!
  • OttawaJeannie
    OttawaJeannie Posts: 206
    Options
    Lovely dress and a great story. Very inspiring! Good for you! :)
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It felt really good to finally reach a goal. I hope you all remember that it isn't about our age, it's about our focus. The number on the scale is only one way to gauge how we are doing, it isn't the BOSS!

Most importantly, I couldn't have done it without the love and support of my friends here. When I wanted to give up, you pulled me back in. When I didn't want to log, I felt inspired by you all. When I saw how well you all were doing, in spite of obstacles and setbacks, it gave me hope that I could do it too. You all are awesome, amazing and a huge part of my life! Thanks for always being here!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love that dress and You look awesome in it!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job Terri! The dress, the shoes, and how about those calf muscles?! = D You did it! And dancing for 2 1/2 hours? Great sneaky workout, too! Wonderful job! = D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!