New Here!! Canadian friends in need of support!!

Options
I am new here and looking for some support in my weight loss journey. I have 3 kids (6yo, 3yo, and 9mos) and am going back to work soon as a registered nurse. I have struggled with my weight on and off for a very LONG time. My goal is to lose 90Ibs so I have a long way to go. I have recently lost 11Ibs on weight watchers but have found that I am lacking support from my ww group and tired of couting points.

My very best friend has just joined mfp also and we are hoping to really connect here with others and find our way!

Let us be a great support for each other and see this through until the end. I have been famous for not finishing things and giving up too soon in the past, but I am determined to NOT give up on myself this time. I know as mothers we tend to put ourselves last, but not anymore!!! We can only be better mommies if we are healthy and strong and HAPPY.

Let's go girls...and boys!! LOL

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Another Canadian here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Kathryn72
    Kathryn72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OK, fellow Canuck, I'll be your friend! Just send me a request!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Canadian here as well, we can all use as much support as we can get lol...send me a request if you'd like!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Canadian here, feel free to add me
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good for you - it is your time, and it would be my pleasure to support you along the way. Take time for you! And MFP is a great way to have friends who are in the same boat, doing what you are doing - trying to win the battle with food!
    P.S. American, but we have friendly borders!
  • longbottomleaf
    longbottomleaf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm also a Canadian! What a coincidence, LOL!
    I've been doing this (myfitnesspal) for almost 6 months and have lost almost 60 pounds. I'm staring to slow down now and find that I'm needing motiviation. I also tend to give up on myself or put other people (namely, my husband and child) first.
    If you want to add me as a friend, I'm happy to help motivate you :)
    Longbottomleaf
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Also Canadian mom with 3 kids!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    another canadian girl over here feel free to add me!!!
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian too! Live on Vancouver Island and am into my second week of myfitnesspal.com logging. Feel free to add me as well!
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    Vancouver area Canadian as well. Would love to have some fellow Canucks to help me stay motivated..my American friends don't really get my jokes...namely a tucked a twoonie in my running toque for a double double..I have had to explain it 3 times this morning...lol
  • nickmonaco79
    nickmonaco79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...I am loving this site already!! I LOL when av8rblond made reference to putting a twoonie in your toque to get a double double...so funny!! And I GET IT!
    hope everyone has a great day:)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Vancouver area Canadian as well. Would love to have some fellow Canucks to help me stay motivated..my American friends don't really get my jokes...namely a tucked a twoonie in my running toque for a double double..I have had to explain it 3 times this morning...lol

haha I freakin love it! that literally made me laugh out loud..my american friends on here don't get me either, but they just pat me on the head and chuckle anyways
  • kshepherds
    kshepherds Posts: 20
    Options
    Canadian here... free free to add me :)
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    And yet another Canadian - from Montreal. Feel free to add me.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian as well live in AB.. feel free to add me as well =)
  • 01bigmomma02
    Options
    I am a Canadian Mom with 2 kids ... struggling to find my healthier me .. inside what I call the mommy syndrom... everyone else is coming 1st besides me lol !!! ... Add me would Love to be a positive support person as well you can be mine... every day is a challange on it's own
  • Mama2CeceliaLogan
    Options
    I am Nicole's best friend Julie. We are so determined to lose this weight for good. I lost 17lbs on WW, then put back 3lbs. So I am sitting at 206. My goal is 130. Seems so far away and unattainable, but I know I can do this. I am a very lucky sahm of a2yo girl and a 7mo son who keep me very busy. My biggest problems are planning our meals. I too often don't think about supper until about 5 minutes before it's time to be eating. My DH works 12+hours shifts so a lot of the time I am on my own. I have had heel fascitis since I had DS last October, so that has been preventing me from working out, which is really frustrating. Hoping we can all keep each other motivated!
  • OttawaJeannie
    OttawaJeannie Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa. I'll be your friend - both of you :)
    Welcome
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Vancouverite here!! GO CANUCKS GO!