Options
fatjen1981
fatjen1981 Posts: 7 Member
Does everyone count these?

Replies

• supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes. I think unless you are doing something like WW (where certain things are "free" and others have points) you should...It still adds up. I also count splenda/crystal light/etc. Even if it's only 5 calories. What if each fruit you don't count is 25-50 and you get all 5 servings? That's 100+ you didn't count. And your veggies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes--they can add up, and besides I use MFP to understand my overall diet. If anything I'd want to see I was eating too few veggies and fix it or see how the amounts affect my overall success in a day. Also, I want to know what my real maintenance calories are, not what they are ignoring the calories of fruits and veggies I eat.

Fruits I count as carefully as anything else; non starchy veggies I might be more apt to estimate although usually it's easier to just treat them like everything else.
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah they have plenty of calories
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely. Although low in calories, they do add up. I also like to keep track just to make sure my diet is balanced and that I am getting enough fruit and veg.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Count. Everything.

:smile:
  • fatjen1981
    fatjen1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! X