healthy snacks ????

Options
ok so im going food shopping to moz and i need to know what are the best snacks to fill you up and that are low cals??? any ideas ??? i seems to be going for weight watchers or go ahead things just cause i havent a clue what else to get n whats gd for me to be having n they just dont hit the spot ill have 1 think that was nice but now i want another !!!! n thats no gd any ideas would be appreciated :D

Replies

• bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sophi_star
    sophi_star Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I tend to take little pots of fruit into work, so have alittle pot of grapes one day or sugar snap peas. Then in the afternoon I will have some form of breakfast bar thing like go ahead or alpen or something. I find nuts are good as well, I have them with raisans!

:happy:

xx
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you ever get the craving for ice cream try the Skinny Cow individual cups of ice cream. Only about 150 calories 1.5 grams of fat about 6 oz per serving. Just enough to curb the craving!!!
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    If you ever get the craving for ice cream try the Skinny Cow individual cups of ice cream. Only about 150 calories 1.5 grams of fat about 6 oz per serving. Just enough to curb the craving!!!

I do this they taste great.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese wedges and baby carrots!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know it's not 'healthy' but it is low cal. I found Edy's no sugar added neopolitan icecream last night... 90 calories per 1/2 cup serving.

I'm in love!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yummy Recipe for Snacking

Ingredients
    1 box Jell-O Cook and Serve Sugar Free Fat Free Chocolate Pudding
    2 cups of Fat Free/Skim Milk
    1 cup Mini Marshmallows
    4-8 tablespoons Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Syrup Topping (optional 4 Graham Crackers)

Directions
    Cook Jell-O Pudding according to box directions. Pour into individual bowls or ramekins and let cool before placing in refrigerator to set for an hour or two. When ready to eat, top with 1-2 tablespoons of caramel syrup then 1/4 cup marshmallows each. If available use a kitchen torch to burn marshmallows (reminds you of when you were little roasting marshmallows on the fire!!). Optional: replace caramel syrup with graham crackers for a smore's version. Makes 4 servings.

Less than 200 calorie snack (no fat, low sugar with caramel option) and you don't feel like your being deprived.
    ENJOY!!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    baby carrots with some light ranch

apple slices with almond butter

I snack on almonds - though they aren't too low in calories - they offer so many other health benefits that it makes the calories worth it.

Individual sized cottage cheese with pineapple added to it.

yogurt

You can also make your own version of a trail mix. :)
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cracker bread! only 19 calories a piece and you can be really inventive as to what you put on - spread, soft cheese, peanut butter, honey & banana, nutella etc.... I was a real crispaholic but the crunchiness of cracker bread is just as good for me now! :happy:
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    Cracker bread! only 19 calories a piece and you can be really inventive as to what you put on - spread, soft cheese, peanut butter, honey & banana, nutella etc.... I was a real crispaholic but the crunchiness of cracker bread is just as good for me now! :happy:

thats a gd idiea i crave for my crisps LOL so this could help thnx :D
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    all really gd idea's every1 thnx if you can think of any more keep em coming ;D x
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    my snack of choice at the moment is an apple cut into slices and whole earth peanut butter - I weigh about 20g of peanut butter and that easily is enough for 1 apple - for a slightly lower cal snack you could reduce the pb further still. But there is something very tasty about the combo and very satisfying as well as a snack.
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    my snack of choice at the moment is an apple cut into slices and whole earth peanut butter - I weigh about 20g of peanut butter and that easily is enough for 1 apple - for a slightly lower cal snack you could reduce the pb further still. But there is something very tasty about the combo and very satisfying as well as a snack.

ill have to try this :D thnx
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    Yummy Recipe for Snacking

Ingredients
    1 box Jell-O Cook and Serve Sugar Free Fat Free Chocolate Pudding
    2 cups of Fat Free/Skim Milk
    1 cup Mini Marshmallows
    4-8 tablespoons Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Syrup Topping (optional 4 Graham Crackers)

Directions
    Cook Jell-O Pudding according to box directions. Pour into individual bowls or ramekins and let cool before placing in refrigerator to set for an hour or two. When ready to eat, top with 1-2 tablespoons of caramel syrup then 1/4 cup marshmallows each. If available use a kitchen torch to burn marshmallows (reminds you of when you were little roasting marshmallows on the fire!!). Optional: replace caramel syrup with graham crackers for a smore's version. Makes 4 servings.

Less than 200 calorie snack (no fat, low sugar with caramel option) and you don't feel like your being deprived.
    ENJOY!!!!

mmm sounds good im def gonna try this thanks :D
  • rosepetals88
    Options
    I love special k cereal bars - they are delish! only 90 calories and they curb my hunger when I need a snack!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    baby bell peppers stuffed with laughing cow light garlic & herb cheese