Calories

Options
i Have my goal calories set at 1300 I do go over if I'm hungry because I'm breastfeeding like today I was 142 calories over I'm loosing really slow which I'm okay with but someone has said to me I shouldn't be eating so little while breastfeeding any help and advice would be good I don't see the harm in eating less calories if I'm full were as before I was eating a lot more calories but less food and was always hungry at least my choices are healthy now that has to count for something ...chicken veg and rice has to be better than a kfc :p and I'm losing weight slowly less than a lb a week (not a very active person ATM)

Replies

• Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm no doctor, but I'd assume if you weren't eating enough calories to breastfeed then the milk would stop... And I agree that eating a KFC with more calories isn't healthier then chicken, rice and veg.
  • camground2
    camground2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding takes a lot of calories! Make sure you eat enough. Maybe walk a bit everyday with your baby? I got a trailer and pulled my baby in the trailer with my bike
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on a referral ATM for the gym so I'll probably be a lot more hungry then I'm sure she's getting enough milk as she's 6 months now and already crawling about (the worm ) she's also starting solids which is why I'm back on the journey :) as I feel a bit more confident now that she's eating food as well

If I was needing extra calories my body would make me hungry right ?
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You should ask a doctor this is not a question for internet strangers
  • taraannadams
    taraannadams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was told u need 500 more calories a day when breast feeding. When I breast fed I was in weight watchers and I ate 30 points a day not 20. My kids are 6 and 71/2 now. I want to lose 10 lbs. how long will that take me?
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    I did ask my doctor but she's useless but thanks for the feedback :)
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    Yeah I got told 500 more calories by midwifes ect my doctor told me not to count calories just eat healthy and that dieting won't affect my milk I tried just eating healthy but was eating out of pure greed today I've had 1300 and I'm full :) I have an underlying medical condition which helps me put on weight ( not blaming it on the fact I'm fat) so I think naturally I need to eat a little less than someone else of my weight and activity ect also I spend a lot of my day on my butt breastfeeding so I'm not exactly running marathons yet :)