Peanuts to peanut butter

Options
I used 5oz of peanuts to make peanut butter ...Would I weigh out the peanut butter and use the nutrition facts from the actual peanuts to log?

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I used 5oz of peanuts to make peanut butter ...Would I weigh out the peanut butter and use the nutrition facts from the actual peanuts to log?

If you didn't add anything to it, sure. Five ounces of mashed up peanuts are the same as five ounces of non-ground peanuts. If you added sugar or oil to it, that's a different story.
  • faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    TY -- I didn't add anything to -- Seemed like a stupid question I know, but you never know!! lol
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TY -- I didn't add anything to --

@faithgirlfl So do you just whizz the Peanuts up in a food processor?
    I didn't even think of making my own peanut butter TBH, it must taste wicked!
    Lately, i've noticed that the Sun Pat brand that i buy is starting to taste a bit too sweet :/ , so i might try to make my own.
  • faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @ExRelaySprinter I just poured some peanuts in my ninja and mixed it -- the longer it mixes the creamer it is - Be patient it takes a minute --
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @ExRelaySprinter I just poured some peanuts in my ninja and mixed it -- the longer it mixes the creamer it is - Be patient it takes a minute --

Thank you!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter ends up weighing almost exactly the same amount as the peanuts, every time, so Yes, you can just log the peanuts. :)

If you add other stuff, you can make it a recipe. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something to try!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something to try!
    You just put the nuts in the food processor, pulse it until it's kind of powdery and then let it run for few minutes. You can add salt. I add a little honey sometimes. :)

It's so easy.

• themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a food co-op and we had this awesome nut grinder where we would make fresh PB and almond butter as well...i used to love eating bits of the excess that ppl would leave behind :P natural is the way to go!