Walked a lot today

Options
I ended up walking far more then I meant to today during errands (around six miles). I have an upper arm workout scheduled for tonight with some light cardio, should I still do it?

I don't feel burned out but I honestly don't know if I'll be able to eat enough calories before bed in three hours to bring myself up to what I should consume.

Advice would be great :D

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    i walk anywhere from 20K steps to 30K steps a day. I never miss my workouts or my weight lifting program.
    Why do you think you shouldn't do your workout?

You don't have to pack all your calories for a day on that day. I have a 7 day rule. I look at my total calories I need for a week and aim for that. Some days are higher than others, but at the end of my 7 days, i'm usually always right on track.

• melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not all exercise calories need to be eaten back. In fact, unless you're hungry, you shouldn't be eating anyways.
  • tardisonearth
    tardisonearth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually walk about three miles a day as it is, and ended up having to run a long distance errand today that added a lot to it.

I also try really hard to make sure I eat enough as I'm on meds that make me have no appetite or hunger signals. So, I usually try to eat back exercise calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You walked. The human body is designed to walk. You'll be fine
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,147 Member
    Options
    I ended up walking far more then I meant to today during errands (around six miles). I have an upper arm workout scheduled for tonight with some light cardio, should I still do it?

I don't feel burned out but I honestly don't know if I'll be able to eat enough calories before bed in three hours to bring myself up to what I should consume.

Advice would be great :D

6 miles = 10 km

Walking at a pace of 4.8 km/h means that would take you just a little bit over 2 hours.

We burn approx. 200 cal/hour when walking, so you probably burned about 400 cal. Maybe a touch more.

That's a couple pieces of toast with a light spread of nutella.

Personally, I prefer to only eat about half my calories back. Maybe just stick to one piece of toast with nutella. :)

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    You walked. The human body is designed to walk. You'll be fine

Agreed. Don't worry too much about eating back either. Eat what your body tells you to. I am sure it will catch up with you a few days from now :)

• themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes because our heart needs some good blood pumping action! :) the extra calories may come in handy later on in the week. Bank em, or just let em slide. Maybe add a little extra avo or cheese to your meal. But your body does want to get the heart racing!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Extra walking is a good thing. No need to worry about that.