Silly dress shops

Options
MrsT99
MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
Hello.

Just thought I'd post my amusement, lots of bridal shops really have no belief in the ability of people to lose weight!!

OK I ordered mine online so I was expecting to need adjustments and didn't dare get one much below my size as I didn't know how well I would do...

Since December I've lost 20.7 lb and now generally a UK size 12, still not quite at goal but happy with the achievement nonetheless! Yet on Saturday when I was having my dress pinned to be taken in quite dramatically the person in the shop was adamant that they were worried I'd put back on in the last 4 weeks to the big day, and was I sure I wouldn't need another fitting with a few days to go?

Why after working hard would I suddenly decide not to bother any more and put it all back on???

Replies

• jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Do you pay per 'fitting'? If so, they were probably trying to book you in to make some more money!!

Congratulations on the weight loss AND the upcoming wedding!! xx
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    LOL - they just wnat ot charge you for another fitting and alteration - they make more money so of course they are going to try and convince you otherwise. (Unless all the alterations are covered in the total they charge for the dress.)
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Very incensitive!! The dressmaker could have said that a fitting closer to your special day should be made just to make sure no unforeseen problems arise (fit, rips, adjustments, etc.) would have been adequate if that was their concern. Anything else would be stepping into the "none of your damn business catagory". I work retail that is just so unexceptable
  • MaylanK
    MaylanK Posts: 7
    Options
    Silly !! They think we have no self restrain and definitely want to charge for more alterations...

Oh well, feel happy with your progress and ignore silly people!!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I told them that if anything they would need to make sure the lacing at the back can be pulled tighter!!!

I never planned on having more than one set of alterations my dress is at my parents about 90 miles away and so I went to a shop nearby to them as I went back to my hometown for my hen. Not going back again before the big day at all.

Tis pretty sneaky of them though! I just thought it was funny I hear stories of them being doubtful of brides losing weight before they have started doing so but never once they have!