Was skinny before, but now am heavy

Remi79
Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I was looking for more friends that use to be skinny, but somehow gained a bunch of weight.
From pregnancy, college, marriage, too much beer. Whatever.
I gained 60 pounds from my pregnancy and have only lost 10 pounds and my daughter turns 3 in September.

Replies

• ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    We are already friends, but I'm in the exact same boat as you. My daughter just turned 3 and my son turns 2 in september as well.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    i gained about 50lbs while in college... i think it was the beer and pizza
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    was skinny until i had my four amazing children....but now i am finally on the right track :smile: you can add me if you want
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I was thin my whole life really. I had twins in November of 2008, gained 90lbs with the pregnancy, lost all that weight within a week and then started gaining due to comfort eating after their diagnosis. Before pregnancy I was roughly 165, day of birth i was 245, 1 week later I was 170, and within 6 months I had reached 195 (my all-time high) and held that weight for about a year. August 2010 I got married & felt anything but beautiful. I made my change August 29th, 2010 starting at 195lbs and today I am 155lbs and in the best shape of my life. I'm working on my last few pounds while toning and somewhere along the way I've made exercise (mainly kickboxing and strenght training) hobbies and have become a "runner". It can be done.
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    WOW that sounds very familiar lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    I was skinny up until getting pregnant, where I went up to 183, and left the hospital onkly weighing about 10lbs less than that. I just recently started getting back in shape but still nowhere near how I use to be.. she's 15 months now.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    i was skinnier...lol never been totally skinny, had hysterectomy 3 years ago and gained 4 stone .....boooooo :(
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    well I agree with you all when I was young was like a bean pole and as time went on you dont notice or think about your weight and shape but now starting to or hope to get back to a normal weight of about 12stone 10lb but at the moment my weight is 15.05 and since starting only lost 10lbs but it seems to be going back but have joined a gym so hope this will start to help lose it
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Wow, I never considered myself skinny, but I can totally relate to needing to lose!!!! I want to lose about 50 lbs and since I am older now it goes very slowly. I wish you the best! You can do it and it is good to do it while you are young! I used to be able to lose at a much faster rate.

Jean from Iowa
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Girl, you are NOT by yourself! I am also a mother of 4 and at the heaviest I've ever been. I was a skinny kid, skinny teen, just skinny. I was 125lbs when I delivered my first baby almost 16 years ago. Add three more children (two by C-section) and I am no longer a skinnie minnie! The sad thing is, it took a few Christmas photos for me to really see what I look like. Up until then, I still thought I was that slightly thick size 10 :(

My goal is to get an athletic body and wear crop tops again! Let's do this together.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    SOO in the same boat. Was pretty skinny my whole life (but of course thought I was fat), but gained 60 pounds with my son. He just turned four and (other than when I was pregnant with him), I am the heaviest I have ever been. Please feel free to add me. Would love to do this with someone who can relate!
  • Feel Free to add me - I am in the same boat as everyone else. Was moderately thin - could have lost about 10 or so pounds at any given point, but was 180 a few years after high school.
    Was about 140 all through high school.
    After my daughter was born, I lost about 50 pounds and then gained it all back slowly but surely. She just turned 5 in May, and it's time for a change!
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    I added you.

I was skinny, and still am "normal" or thin to some people but I want to lose the weight I gained in college which was about 25lbs. I know HOW I gained it. I worked and went to school full time so I ate a heck of a lot of fast food. I also canceled my gym membership when I started school because I had no time to work out.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I was skinny until after college when I entered the sedentary professional work force and an extra 30 pounds or so slowly stuck. I don't even have kids to blame it on-just my laziness.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Thanks for the friendships! A lot of the people on here have always been heavy, I was not that way and wanted some friends that somewhat knew what I was going through. I was 130 when I got married, 135 when I got pregnant and when I had her I was a whopping 190. I couldn't believe it when the nurse told me that's what I weighed.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    i was slim before at 9st...but gained over 50lbs by having 2kids within a year of each other...but i've never been naturally skinny, i was a chubby kid that did the whole diet/exercise thing at 19 to get down to that 9st
This discussion has been closed.