Looking for vegans/vegetarians/veg curious friends.

Options
amberjo1986
amberjo1986 Posts: 50 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
90% of my meals have been vegetarian for the last month (for ethical and environmental reasons, not health) and I'm still curious about delving deeper into this lifestyle. I would like to make like-minded friends. I have been on MFP for the last 3 months and I'm not going anywhere. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• rallicat1
    rallicat1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    90% of my meals have been vegetarian for the last month (for ethical and environmental reasons, not health) and I'm still curious about delving deeper into this lifestyle. I would like to make like-minded friends. I have been on MFP for the last 3 months and I'm not going anywhere. Feel free to add me.

I actually went vegetarian then vegan 2 years ago..for health, environmental, and ethical reasons. MFP helped me out. At first I lost about 20 lbs, but then got off track due to changing to a desk job/stress eating and now I'm attempting to get back on track.

• sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I went veg in 1992 because I married a veg. I'm more than happy to share advice, support, and recipes :)
  • nancydrew8
    nancydrew8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and gluten-free. Happy to help!
  • KarisAnelia
    KarisAnelia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm vegetarian and dairy free :)
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian since I was a kid! Happy to add other veggies with open diaries for ideas! I am trying to get back on track too...
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm new vegetarian. Did it last year with great results and felt great. I slipped up and am starting again and am super motivated and stoked! I'd like some veggie friends. So add me if you'd like :)

amanda
  • J_Squared_77
    J_Squared_77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was a teenager for ethical reasons. Recently went vegan, again for ethical reasons. I'd be happy to make a new MFP friend. :)
  • kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Long time vegan here! Happy to help!
  • thatsagoodkitty
    thatsagoodkitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also just becoming interested as I learn to cook. Meat is very expensive, and not forgiving when learning to cook, I've done research into getting proper protein from vegetarian sources. I'm actually seeing a dietician on Tuesday to talk to about this and get some firm advice. I'm very interested to see how it goes.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was a vegetarian for about 2 years, then a vegan for about 1 year, then back to vegetarian for 2 years, and now I've started to incorporate some wild-caught fish occasionally into my diet because I suck at eating protein. Feel free to add me! Finding that "balance" is definitely a journey... I did it for ethical reasons as well, but now I just try to be more mindful of the animal products I buy. If I get milk, I make sure it's organic and from a place where the cows are pasture-raised (although I still prefer almond milk). If I get eggs, I try to get them from a local farm...things like that. I'm happy to help if you have any questions!
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm a happy vegetarian for ten years now. I do still eat some fish but absolutely no meat. I go through periods of more or less vegan too... Depending on how my body feels and how many of our four dairy loving children are at home! I've become a pretty good vegetarian cook in order to win over our family! I recommend the book vegetarian home style which had wonderful healthy and delicious veggie recipes. I love the idea of helping to make a more sustainable earth...Feel free to friend me!!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    8 years vegetarian and intermittent vegan! I obsessively collect recipes and love to cook. Yay Veggie People!!! Slowly but surely we will dominate the world!
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just started being mostly vegetarian, last 1 to 2 months, seems to be working well. However, was quiet gassy initially.