Cold hands and feet?

Does anyone else have cold hands and/or feet after losing some weight?

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    I have cold everything. It is 78 degrees in this house and I am wearing socks and a bathrobe over my clothes.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I'm also cold a lot... and have cold hands and feet. Just not enough body fat, I think. although it's definitely a lot better the more active I am.
  • JunoBeachVan
    JunoBeachVan Posts: 10 Member
    I've lost quite a bit (30% of my body weight), and my hands/feet are FREEZING all the time. It's ironic, because I used to be hot all the time. A few years ago, I lived for a year in a place with much hotter summer weather; I wish I had lot the weight before then!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    I'm usually cold anyway, but I've found my fingers and toes get especially frigid when I get off track with my exercise routine. I don't know if that's just me, but I think it has to do with circulation. Our bodies are weird.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    I recommend gloves and socks. Your welcome.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    We have mild winters and ungodly hot summers. Cold in July is just not a thing for me. But summers are easier than they were and last winter seemed cooler/colder than before.

Fat insulates, so when you lose it, you stay cooler in the summer and get colder in the winter.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I recommend gloves and socks. Your welcome.

Doesn't always keep a person warm.

I've always had cold hands and feet, but they're consistently colder since I've moved to Canada. My weight loss has affected them.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Being cold, for me, is a sign I'm not eating enough and I assume my REE is dropping. I always eat more fat in response to feeling colder than I should and then I'm back to normal.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Cold hands & feet are a sign of dehydration - make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Does anyone else have cold hands and/or feet after losing some weight?

No.

A few medical issues can cause that, including anemia and thyroid problems.

Do you run a lot?

• its_a_secret459
    its_a_secret459 Posts: 21 Member
    Not usually. I am anemic
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Yes. The thermostat says 78 and I am wearing socks and still cold.
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    I didn't start out very heavy and to be honest I've always been cold all the time, my mom (who is probably at least close to 300) is boiling all the time. I always hated being in the car with her until she got one with dual air, and I hated living with her because she always had the fan on... until I moved out. Having the ability to be 2 different temperatures has greatly improved our relationship :P
  • fglionna
    fglionna Posts: 1 Member
    yes, I lost over 60 pounds and I am cold easily now ! so weird !
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    I am anemic

Probably should discuss it with your doctor.
  • goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Cold hands and feet is your body's way of keeping the core temperature up. Check that you are not losing too much muscle mass - its the muscles which make us warm blooded. Exercise will improve circulation and help warm the extremities - don't do so much that you sweat and get cooled down again.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    I always take that as a sign I need to get up and MOVE MY BODY! :p
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    yes! very cold, loose feeling in my hands and prone to hypothermia. Sudden drops in temperature are a nightmare for me, even standing by the fridges in supermarket! I have SO many pairs of gloves!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    I've always had cold hands and feet - poor circulation there and low blood pressure.