Epic1523
Epic1523 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Edit

Replies

• kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is great! Its hard to sustain much more weight loss per week than that. keep going!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Three pounds a week is too aggressive and with only 15 pounds to go 1 pound a week is sufficient.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Three pounds a week is too aggressive and with only 15 pounds to go 1 pound a week is sufficient.

This. What are your stats?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Epic1523 wrote: »
    So in April, I decided I wanted to look better and to be honest was tired of getting made fun of by people at my school for my weight. Since April I have lost 33 pounds and I need to lose around 15 more pounds to be a healthy weight, but my weight loss seems to have slowed down. I was losing about 3 pounds a week and now for the past 3 weeks I'm only losing about a pound a week. And because of this I'm just losing the motivation to exercise because it seems as though I'm not making progress anymore, back when I was losing around 3 pounds a week exercise wasn't getting tedious because I could always see weight coming off on the scales. Do you all have any tips on boosting my weight loss back to what it was? Do I need to exercise more than 5 days a week? Have an even stricter diet? Any tips would be great, thanks :)

You shouldn't lose more than a pound a week, with only 15 lbs left to lose. Remember, exercise is for fitness, not for weight loss. It does give you a bit more of a calorie deficit, but overall, you need to think of your exercise as your fitness regimen.
    Aren't you going to keep exercising after you reach your goal weight?
    Also, as you approach your goal weight, you need to prepare to move into maintenance mode. As you do that, you start increasing your calories by about 100 -200 or so. Each week you increase them until you reach your goal weight and then you are in maintenance, and your calories are at the level you need to maintain your weight.

Weight loss isn't a race, it's a journey, and just one segment in a long road. Maintenance is the next segment on that road.
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Epic1523 wrote: »
    So in April, I decided I wanted to look better and to be honest was tired of getting made fun of by people at my school for my weight. Since April I have lost 33 pounds and I need to lose around 15 more pounds to be a healthy weight, but my weight loss seems to have slowed down. I was losing about 3 pounds a week and now for the past 3 weeks I'm only losing about a pound a week. And because of this I'm just losing the motivation to exercise because it seems as though I'm not making progress anymore, back when I was losing around 3 pounds a week exercise wasn't getting tedious because I could always see weight coming off on the scales. Do you all have any tips on boosting my weight loss back to what it was? Do I need to exercise more than 5 days a week? Have an even stricter diet? Any tips would be great, thanks :)

Unfortunately you just have to accept the slowing down as part of the process. Congrats!