Insanity.....GRADUATE!!!!! 5/29/11 w/ pics!!!

Options

Replies

• simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I love to hear Insanity success stories. You look fantastic and your fitness test results have definitely increased! Do you plan to do another round of Insanity or are you going to try something else now?

I just started Insanity. Tomorrow with be my 6th day and I am really enjoying the program even though I am super sore after. It makes me feel good to workout and do such a tough workout! It is better than anything I ever did at the gym.
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    WOW you look fantastic!! Way to go...you're much braver than me :)
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Congrats Grad! lol
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    AMAZING WORK!!! I bet the wifey is proud of her eye candy!
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    wow what a remarkable transformation you look ripped you've done well i'm waiting for the 30 day shred to arrive i thought that would be hard but insanity seems to be on another level!!!
  • Skyloop
    Skyloop Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    great job. How did you do with the meal plans? Was it hard to follow?
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look great! congrats on a job well done, keep up the great work!
  • OttawaJeannie
    OttawaJeannie Posts: 206
    Options
    Wow! The difference in your face alone is amazing! Congrats!!
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    great job. How did you do with the meal plans? Was it hard to follow?

I didn't follow the meal plans. I was already 2 months into calorie counting and had a good meal plan in effect. I just had to up the calories on the 6 days I worked out. The highest burn I had was over 800 calories. My average was probabaly 690-730...somewhere in that range. So I had to come up with healthy snacks to fill in the gaps. I upped my breakfast and lunch calories. My though process was that getting higher calories in during the day would come off at work and working out. My normal breakfast is about 600 calories, and my lunch is 500. Snacks in between. I just kept tweaking it till it worked. Now I'm going to have to adjust!! So used to eating close to 2500 calories/day. If I don't exercise, I only get 1730. Just have to replan my days out. No worries. It's all a learning curve, and a long journey. I've lost 82 pounds in almost 6 months. That's quick! I didn't do any fad diets (no offense to anyone doing one). I just changed my eating habits and started using portion control (I drive my wife nuts...I weigh EVERYTHING!!!!) And of course I started exercising.

Don't get me wrong. I'm crazy happy with my results, just the 6 days/week for 9 weeks straight takes a toll. My body is pretty worn down. My legs are toned but spent. I need a few days to relax and recover, and then I'm right back into it. I think maybe a every other day workout plan. But who knows. I'll probably pick back up doing Zumba here and there (I actually kinda like it). I will most likely do an Insanity workout on Wednesdays (it's the easiest day for me to workout). I intend on biking to/from work more often (it's a 12 mile roundtrip...with ALOT of hills!!! It was my first actual bike ride after a 8 year layoff). And my wife usually works out most nights with one of our neighbors. They rotate through Tae Bo, Zumba, Biggest Loser Cardio, JM 30- Day Shred, etc.... so I won;t get too bored...lol

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback. MFP is an awesome community. It's very helpful to get support from strangers. Thank you all!!!!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look extremely pleased, you had great results. I started it I'm on wk-2. You are an inspiration
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for you!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome results!! You look incredible!!! :noway:

I just finished my last Insanity fit test yesterday too! Are you going to do the Asylum? I'm starting today!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Those are some fantastic results. maybe in a few months I can tackle a heavy duty work out like that. Looking at the pictures you posted, I couldn't imagine you were ever over 300 pounds....I had to go look at your profile pictures. I don't think the one of you crouching is probably at your top weight, but the change from then to now is so impressive. There's really a clear difference in your face, too! I bet you're at goal and jumping out of those airplanes before you know it!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    u look great!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you liked it. I just ordered my Insanity package and am excited to get started. It looks crazy intense though, but that's what I need.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW, thank you for sharing this with us. Very motivational! Lookin' Good!
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    That is insane..lol you look great well done!
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    wow!! well done :) xx
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    WOW!:glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!