Exercise and sickness

Options
so I've been going pretty hard at the gym lately, but I've been noticing that despite my pretty healthy diet and routine, I have no energy and feel absolutely sick.

Normally I feel great after a 3hr workout, but after yesterday, I could barely move my feet during a piloxing class. And now I feel dreadful and I have a headache.

Has anyone experienced this? If you did, what did you do for it? I want to get rid of this and get back into the gym asap... I kinda miss it. Lol

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    a) you might be getting sick
    b) you might not be getting enough nutrition
    c)you might be dehydrated
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    We can only push our bodies so far before it starts pushing us back. If you are starting to feel rundown after a 3 hour workout. This is probably your body telling you that it needs a rest. Usually, when I'm starting to feel sick like I was last weekend with strep throat and an upper respiratory infection, I try to back off from the workouts a little to give my system a break.
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I found that when i was working out most days i felt exhausted so have cut down to 3 times a week. I also have a high protein shake before i work out and drink plenty of water. your body is telling you its not happy x
  • cococraze24
    cococraze24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I often feel like this..but its bc I don't get enough sleep..maybe 4-6 hrs daily.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    maybe try easing it back on the workout length - i find 1hr-1hr30mins is enough for me... OR you can cut back on how many times a week...
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Pittgirl3
    Options
    maybe try easing it back on the workout length - i find 1hr-1hr30mins is enough for me... OR you can cut back on how many times a week...

That's good advice. I usually make my workouts long because I feel like I'm doing more and I don't even feel tired. But maybe I should reduce the time slightly.
  • Pittgirl3
    Options
    I often feel like this..but its bc I don't get enough sleep..maybe 4-6 hrs daily.

That could definitely be it. All the working out gives me so much energy that it's hard to go to sleep.
  • Pittgirl3
    Options
    I found that when i was working out most days i felt exhausted so have cut down to 3 times a week. I also have a high protein shake before i work out and drink plenty of water. your body is telling you its not happy x

What kind of protein do you use? I'll have to try to remember to hydrate. Sometimes it's hard during the day when I'm running errands.
  • Sweetgirl10
    Sweetgirl10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, in many years if gym experience w very decent clubs...I can say they are all ptone to being germy. I'm not a germaphobe, but especially at peak times, during flu season, or when I'm running low on sleep etc, I'm nuts about the sanitizer!

Hope u feel better soon.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I feel tired and sick if I overtrain. Eating well and taking a few days off from working out fixes it. But you know your body. If you have other symptoms of being sick, you have a fever, or anything like that, see your doctor.