The mango is listed as:
Mango(125g) 325g what does this mean?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It means that you shouldn't use that entry :p

Find something that 1) corresponds with the USDA database and 2) has serving sizes as weight in grams and/or ounces.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that it means that a serving of mango weighs 125g and that particular mango weighs 325g so it will count as 2.6 servings of mango. The database, depending upon how the user inputs the item data, tends to have (one serving) in the description no matter how many actual servings you use, which really confused me at first and still irritates me.

As for your particular mango, you'll need to use a food scale to see how much it actually weighs so that you can record that amount.
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It will vary between mango.
    Weigh your own one :)
  • chandelierbee
    chandelierbee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that it means that a serving of mango weighs 125g and that particular mango weighs 325g so it will count as 2.6 servings of mango. The database, depending upon how the user inputs the item data, tends to have (one serving) in the description no matter how many actual servings you use, which really confused me at first and still irritates me.

As for your particular mango, you'll need to use a food scale to see how much it actually weighs so that you can record that amount.

Well it's 100g of skin and seed so about 200g of it is eaten. It still makes me confused what the parenthesis means. I know all mangos come in different shapes and sizes.