I am going to try harder than I ever have

Options
:s I just hope I don't give up

Replies

• AmazingShrinkingMan
    AmazingShrinkingMan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Need some motivation? Watch and listen to this... https://youtu.be/LV9c5BzkwNw
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

With an attitdude like that- you already will give up.

Don't just hope you don't give up. You essentially just said "well um- I gotta do this thing- but I have no faith in my ability to do it what so ever" none. no faith. in me.

Don't you trust yourself?

Don't you have faith you can put your mind to a task and achomplish it.

This journey is not pass or fail. There is no
    I MADE IT- or not. you make a choice and you do your best to stick to it. We all have our good days or bad days- but having a bad day doesn't mean you failed. Just means something else was a higher priority- it is not a FAIL in your journey.

That's like saying- I got one flat tire- well FAK- I'll just get out and stab holes in the other 3 because why go on.

Just fix the tire and move on.

Good luck.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    We can do this.
  • fiddlyfoo
    fiddlyfoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Baby steps.

Don't take on too much at once, because it can be overwhelming and stressful. I did that mistake once and I crashed and burned. There's no need to torture yourself, by starving or too much exercise. This time around, (although I'm only on day 36) I'm taking it much easier and for it I'm much happier and the future looks more optimistic for the long run.

Good luck!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i agree with above poster that it doesn't have to be that hard. small steps are lasting steps. remember to stick with it u must make changes u are willing to do for the rest of your life!
  • vbabygirl
    vbabygirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Think positive
  • travelnow87
    travelnow87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've read "Bigger, leaner, stronger" but it has a really great section on willpower and sticking to fitness goals, I found it really helpful!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone says "I'm going to try
    " I always ask them to try to raise their arm above their head. They then lift the arm. My response is "you just raised your arm, you did it. I only want you to *try* to do it, not actually do it". The term *try* infers potential failure and lack of action. You know you can do this....you are going to do this!!!!!
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

With an attitdude like that- you already will give up.

Don't just hope you don't give up. You essentially just said "well um- I gotta do this thing- but I have no faith in my ability to do it what so ever" none. no faith. in me.

Don't you trust yourself?

Don't you have faith you can put your mind to a task and achomplish it.

This journey is not pass or fail. There is no
    I MADE IT- or not. you make a choice and you do your best to stick to it. We all have our good days or bad days- but having a bad day doesn't mean you failed. Just means something else was a higher priority- it is not a FAIL in your journey.

That's like saying- I got one flat tire- well FAK- I'll just get out and stab holes in the other 3 because why go on.

Just fix the tire and move on.

Good luck.
    I'm just trying better to make better decisions. I already incorporated more fruit/veggies in my diet. Thanks.
  • crystallynnl
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    We can do this.
    Yes :D
  • crystallynnl
    Options
    fiddlyfoo wrote: »
    Baby steps.

Don't take on too much at once, because it can be overwhelming and stressful. I did that mistake once and I crashed and burned. There's no need to torture yourself, by starving or too much exercise. This time around, (although I'm only on day 36) I'm taking it much easier and for it I'm much happier and the future looks more optimistic for the long run.

Good luck!

Yup I am doing baby steps. I know I have to step up with more healthy food once I get paid. I am making the best of what I have right now. I know I have crashed and burned before as well. Well good luck to you as well :D.. I hope to be on day 36. I have to keep moving forward.