Left Over Calories

Options
Yesterday I had one left over calorie and I was pretty disappointed, until I realized that was my goal to get that many calories! Do you eat exactly your goal every day or do you have left over calories most of the time? I usually have 300 or less left over calories.

Replies

• jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello,
    I usually have left over calories too. Whenever I add my food and see how many calories I've eaten, I say wow I better do some cardio exercises to burn them off. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck with your weight loss goals and have a great day.
  • elemire
    elemire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually have left overs too- I think as long as you eat over 1200 a day the rest are just a bonus.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I usually have between 40-200 calories left. I'll usually eat most of them, though. :embarassed:

I try to do this and not feel bad about it with the idea that I'm already eating 500 fewer calories per day, as set by MFP. Those last couple could mean a cup of strawberries, or string cheese, or popcorn-- all stuff I love. I figure that the nutritional benefits I'm getting from well-chosen food beats out a larger deficit.
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    my left over calories always run from 400 to 600 calories, the thing about it is I don't want to over eat either so I just eat when and what Iam supposed too. They say its bad when you don't eat all your calories, but I eat to live , not live to eat...as long as your not hungry then your fine....
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually try to eat as close as humanly possible to 1200 if you don't...you may not be providing your body with enough fuel to have the energy you need and may end up feeling tired and sluggish
  • mikihainesy
    mikihainesy Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi
    I had exactly 1 cal left today too but didn't do any exercise, so didn't want to over eat. I hate being under as I know this hinders your actual weight loss! I'm only usually under where I've exercised!
  • Acidbelgium
    Options
    I usually have between 200 and 600 calories leftover.
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I always have loads of Calories left over. Should I be eating more? I don't usually go over 1200 a day
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers too, but sometimes as much as only just a few calories left; but generally for me it seems to be a couple hundred.. for me its somewhat ok because Im bigger and suppose to eat 1600 a day, so undereating by a couple hundred is still 1400 calories... but for someone smaller, its a bigger deal because being under can lead to starvation mode if your only suppose to eat 1200 a day.. if ur suppose to eat 1200 a day, u want to be sure to eat all of them, and going a tad over wouldnt hurt even, but only being at lets say 1000 or 900 calories is bad.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I always have loads of Calories left over. Should I be eating more? I don't usually go over 1200 a day

having under 1200 a day is starvation mode territory; if you constantly have a ton of leftovers and constantly under 1200 calories, you could be losing now, but dont be surprized if eventually u come to a complete weight loss hault and cant figure out why.
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I don't know if I have lost anything yet but I'm getting my 3 meals a day and all I've cut out is fizzy drinks and crisps.
  • rcarri7661
    rcarri7661 Posts: 10
    Options
    If you eat an extra 3 Small (Snack Meals) you shouldnt have any extra calories. Popcorn between meals apples, carrots so on. That should work to use your calories. :bigsmile:
  • rcarri7661
    rcarri7661 Posts: 10
    Options
    3 meals is not enough need to eat 6 meals or 3 regular meals and 3 snacks between meals.