Beginning Again

Options
I joined MFP back in December 2010....it was the best decision I made. Joining actually helped me lose about 15 glorious pounds! However over the last couple of months, I completely fell off the wagon. Life has a way of getting in the way and old habits become new again. These rediscovered habits caused me to gain my 15 pounds back. It's a bummer, but I have accepted my responsibility and I am ready to move on.

Today I begin again...Wish me luck.

Have you fell off? What motivated you to get back on?

Replies

• rachaels7
    rachaels7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Good for you for jumping back in. I lost 13 lbs. last year and then gained it all back over the winter. I started back a month or two ago just watching what I'm eating. I've also joined a six week biggest loser competition with some friends and that has really motivated me too. Can't wait to get all the weight off but I'm already seeing results. I'm not in a hurry to lose but am trying to choose more healthy foods. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! I can't tell you how many times I've started and done well, and then dropped off again. You'd think the loss would be motivating, but somehow I found it hard to keep going. I'm more determined than ever this time, though, and I'm sticking with it!

I find that just getting online and MAKING myself track my food helps a lot. If I know I have to put in 1000 calories for a meal, most likely I'm not going to eat it. As long as I'm tracking, I'm eating less.
  • elouise86
    elouise86 Posts: 12
    Options
    I know what you mean about old habits - I have been the same. I but alot back on over the winter and it took me along time to get it back off again. I still have days where I fall back into old habits and go way over my target calorie goal.

I am getting married in 6 weeks and so that has helped me not fall off the wagon too often - I just hope after the wedding I can keep it up!

Good luck & feel free to add .
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    welcome back.. I just joined last week,, we can do this!! :happy:
  • maxzorro
    maxzorro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have fallen off the wagon!! It seems like every Monday morning I'm telling myself "I'll be better this week".
    The secret is not beating yourself up about gaining some weight back. Just start eating healthy again and get moving!

We can do this!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just re-dedicated myself to this site TODAY! You can do this, too! Best of luck to you!