does anyone use diet pills/fat burners and why?

Options
just curious really? im a firm believer in all you need is a healthy diet and regular exercise..saying that i have m.e and fine energy pills help give me the extra boost to work out

Replies

• AlliDoisWin81
    Options
    Yes, for the extra energy and it keeps me motivated. I take it before cardio and weights.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes for the energy pills, no for any other fat burning or diet pills. I use them when I need a boost and I can't seem to get my head straight and want to work out.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Only pill i take is one a day multivitamin.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    nope...they make my heart race. not a fun feeling. I am doing just fine without them. And who knows what the side effects will be in the long run.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Taking diet pills make you gain the weight back after you stop taking them,,,I am losing on exercise,portion control and food choices,,but I do take a B12 vitamin daily for energy......
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Energy/diet pills would literally kill me. I have what you call a bad ticker and something like that could easily kill me. That includes energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster.
  • Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use them, not every day. Only on occasion, when I know I am going to have a particularly long day, or when I need help getting off my butt in the morning. When I say occasionally I mean that I MAY take one every couple of weeks.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt suggest an appetite suppressor, diet pill, energy pill, etc type pill to anyone.. what happens when u stop taking it? You no longer have an appetite suppressor so then u eat more. You no longer have the energy boost so you dont feel like working out. You no longer see the results you were seeing and get depressed and are more likely to give up..

My last diet I used TrimSpa diet pill--appetite suppressor, energy booster, etc. I lost 30pounds and was so happy, until one day the pills stopped working for me--my body built a tolerance to them.. i kept taking them, convinced they would start working again, and after two weeks i couldnt afford to keep taking something that wasnt working for me at all.. they werent working but I still managed to eat the way i was while they were working (and it was complete torture)--even though i was eating the same i wasnt losing still. I stopped taking them, gave up, and the moment i started to just eat normal instead of doign what i had been doing, I gained all 30 pounds back, plus an additional 35pounds i didnt have before then. ---it throws your metabolism all out of wack and does terrible things to ur body. i would never never take a pill to help my diet ever again.. Im losing just fine without it... and if me at over 300pounds could find energy to loose the 34 pounds i already have, then anyone can.. You can get natural energy from eating healthy, why do i need some pill that wrecks havik on my body?