Keto diet macros and nutrition help

Options
2»

Replies

• htecky76
    htecky76 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I saw low-fat milk in your coffee, you can use heavy whipping cream. It is about 100c per oz and is all fat, so it takes out the two carbs from the milk. Actual whipped cream is about 3 mins work with a whisk and tastes GREAT on berries and other treats.

[/quote]

Thank you!! That is a good idea.
  • htecky76
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a sodium overload...

What sounds like it is a sodium overload?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Probably the pickles, bacon and olives. Increased sodium is usually helpful if you are in ketosis though.

How is the diet going? Were you able to sort your macros out to your satisfaction?
  • madrevillalba
    madrevillalba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    htecky76 wrote: »
    I do not know how to friend anybody or do anything on here as I am new to this site, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me please. I am on day 5 of this keto diet and everyday when I fill in my diary my saturated fats are too high my cholesterol is too high and other things are off. I'm not falling in where I'm supposed to and I don't know why. I set my macros to 5% carbs 20% protein and 75% fats with a calorie intake of 1360. I've only h ad breakfast and lunch and my cholesterol is at -41g and my saturated fat is at 5g. My vitamin C and vitamin A are both super high (guessing from supplements) yet my sodium and potassium are both very low. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm staying good with my macros though. I have done a ton of research on this and currently refer mostly to the "ruled me keto" site and books. That's where I got the macro calculator. please I am only looking for help not people to cut me down for doing a low carb diet. I have looked at a lot of these discussions for the past two days and I see a lot of insults so I am just asking for help from anybody else who is doing the same thing or has had the same trouble.
    Thank you!!

• madrevillalba
    madrevillalba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having been dong Jeto fir a month now . I keep it simple, 1cup of salad and two cups of any mixed vegetables, keeping low on the protein
  • htecky76
    edited July 2015
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    Probably the pickles, bacon and olives. Increased sodium is usually helpful if you are in ketosis though.

How is the diet going? Were you able to sort your macros out to your satisfaction?

Ya I looked at pickles and olives today. Very little calories and low carbs, so they'd make a nice snack when sodium levels are low and feeling dizzy.
    I think I have my macros figured out. I can't seem to get them just right but I'm getting really close now!!
    How is yours going?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    htecky76 wrote: »
    Sounds like a sodium overload...

What sounds like it is a sodium overload?

Ignore it. Carb eaters retain more sodium than keto dieters and some stress about it and "water weight".