New to the site!

Options
I just signed up and need all the help and support I can get!

Replies

• Jessame
    Jessame Posts: 11
    Options
    I just signed up and need all the help and support I can get!
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey Jessame!
    Welcome to my fitness pal. I am a few months away from 50 so know what you're feeling. This is a good site to track food, exercise and all on and people are very supportive. I wish you much success on your weight loss journey.:happy:
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hiya mom!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Jessame
    Options
    Thanks for all of your great tips! Two years ago I got a small notebook and kept a food journal and I was dropping the pounds. It is so much easier for me to log the foods before I eat as I did in my journal. I have very little will power and when I can read what I can have to eat I found that I was able to keep to it. Then tragedy struct with the death of my oldest brother and I was never able to back to the food journal.I have tried several times with no luck. So I am going to use this site as I have seen the weight that my 23 yr old daughter has lost since finding this site. She is my inspiration. My brother was 60 when he died of a heart attack although he never had a weight problem. I want to be alive to see my grandchildren! So thanks again. Tomorrow is the start of a new chapter in my life!:happy:
  • Jessame
    Options
    Thanks for your well wishes! I am looking forward to getting started. The neat thing is that I have my daughter right here with me and I have seen first hand the sucess that can be had with this site. She has lost about 18lbs. since October.
  • erumkamran
    Options
    hi
    just signed up.Don't know how far wil i get.Have a long way o go and mamoth amount of pounds to loose.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif

Jessame...you've got the coolest Daughter..you have every right to be proud! Glad you've joined us here:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    hi
    just signed up.Don't know how far wil i get.Have a long way o go and mamoth amount of pounds to loose.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    welcome.gif

erumkamran Great to have you here:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • maryeray
    Options
    I just signed up yesterday so I'm with ya on that! :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    hi
    ok just glanced at your profile...easy peasy... 34 lbs is NOT a mamooth amount. You definitely CAN simply FLY thru that!:wink::bigsmile:

Baby steps, log the foods, log the excercise (oh add the excercise..:laugh: ), grab your water and start drinkin, positive mind set...stay motivated by checkin out the boards as you can... find your place here on MFP so you feel comfy:drinker:

You're on your way:bigsmile:
  • erumkamran
    Options
    Thanx for making it sound so easy! I have been on this roller coaster ride a lot of time! Just had my cholestrol checked and it; not good. I quit working out in june 2008.cuz i got involved with the health problem of a family member.Now that i am free,can't bring myself back to the same routine.!!!! I do however enjoy the blog.
  • Jessame
    Options
    welcome.gif

Jessame...you've got the coolest Daughter..you have every right to be proud! Glad you've joined us here:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Jessame
    Options
    welcome.gif

Thanks, I think shes pretty cool too.
    I started my first day by getting up a having a cup of coffee & taking my dog Cody for a 40 minute walk. It felt pretty good. Now I will have my breakfast. I probably should have had breakfast first then walked. Oh well there's always next time.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome Jessame :smile: You've come to the right place. When I walk I take a cheese stick with me. Then when aI get back I have breakfast. The cheese stick helps with the little hunger. It is just enough so that is what works for me. But remember plenty of water. :drinker: That has helped me also. And this sight is wonderful great support and wonderful people :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jessame
    Options
    Welcome Jessame :smile: You've come to the right place. When I walk I take a cheese stick with me. Then when aI get back I have breakfast. The cheese stick helps with the little hunger. It is just enough so that is what works for me. But remember plenty of water. :drinker: That has helped me also. And this sight is wonderful great support and wonderful people :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Water is my biggest problem. I absolutely detest the stuff. I try & try to drink it but without success.
    I have tried everything from lemons to mints. If I get the sugar free mints and pop one in my mouth then I can drink a whole glass of water. I guess thats a start.