About to give up need support

Options
no one supports me. I am loosing motivation. I'm just trying to loose a little and get in shape but it seems like I am just getting nowhere months of calorie counting and e exercise and I see little to no difference. I know it takes time but gaaah it's hard. I dunno if I'm even doing it right. I hate dieting and measuring all my food I feel like a crazy person and miss my favorite foods. Unfortunately my favorite foods are burgers, pizza, pasta, nachos and Thai and Japanese food.

Ok I'm rambling, I'm tired of eating salad all the time but I want to be healthy and confident. Would it help if I gave myself a cheat day or would that ruin any progress? I had a few cheat foods one week and gained 2 lbs back so idk

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't come across as harsh, but here goes. It doesn't matter if no one supports you, you have to do this for you, and have to find the motivation within yourself to do it. No food is bad, so why give up your favourites? Plan for your favorite foods to fit in your daily calories and don't restrict yourself too much. You don't have to live on salads to lose weight.

As for not losing, what's your daily calorie counts, and are you weighing your food?
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chill out man! Take a deep breathe and take a step back.
    If no progress occurs think about changing your caloric intake by reducing it by 200 to 300 calories. Or maybe change up the workouts you doing! If the weight still isn't going down then take a look at the mirror and look at yourself. You might be surprised that probably have made progress. Cause at the end of the day what matters the most is about how you feel about yourself. Not at what the scale tells you.
    Losing weight will very tedious and difficult, however if it were easy and linear everybody would be making mad progression and gains.

A cheat day here and there would be fine, but don't go ape *kitten* on it. Go in Moderation my friend.
    A buddy of mine eats some of his favorite foods (mcdonald's for one) but he does so in moderation and knows that it fits his macro nutrients.

If you want someone to talk to or help support you, ill send you an add request, friend. Don't ever lose motivation friend, think about the reason why you started your journey. Take a look at your user name! Keep that beastmode switch on!
  • stardavis1
    stardavis1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • simplebysy
    simplebysy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't give up !!! fight , It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goals, it's worth it. :)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    since you only have 7 to lose, I would suggest switching your goals to ".5 lbs per week" and incorporating some resistance/strength training. there's no reason you can't have the foods you love. :)
  • mousef76
    mousef76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Motivation has got to come within. we can try and encourage you all day long to keep going, etc. but, you have got to have with in yourself to do it. That being said, it does help to have those encourages there to cheer you on the sidelines. So keep going until you've gotten to where you need to be and then continue on to maintain it. Add me as a friend for support if you wish. .
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't know cheat food is and burgers and pizza have always been key components of my diet and still are :) If you really are logging and exercising consistently, feel free to add me as a friend for some additional support. I see you only have 1 right now.
  • beastmode2718
    beastmode2718 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I don't call them cheat days or cheat meals- but there are days I eat smaller meals so I can have a larger dinner etc. Today I had a (really good, 100% lean beef, home-made) burger, wedges (no oil) and beer but I'll have a small dinner tonight- and breakfast was light too. I try not to go over cals because that just eats into the weekly defecit. I think it's important to eat an extra yummy treat now and again- but not to go over board with it. My treat meal was less than 400cals including the small stubby bottle of beer.

Chill, its JUST food. Life is about so much more. :)

• CherieQ72
    CherieQ72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What I've learned is that it isn't all about motivation. Some days you just won't have it and you find yourself chasing it like an addict looking for your next fix of it. I was having the same problem as you so I started focusing on commitment instead. It means doing what I said I would do long after the mood I said it in has left. Motivation still comes and goes, some days are more exciting than others, but I am dedicated, always. And now I am starting to see results.
    Make changes, keep it interesting, keep short term commitments then switch it up. You can work in your fav foods, you really can! You can do this, you can work harder than you think you can, don't talk yourself out of it. You're not seeing results now? What results will you see if you stop?
    <3 keep at it :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    it will take time and u may have to tweak your calorie intake a few times before u get within the range that is perfect for u
  • tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    since you only have 7 to lose, I would suggest switching your goals to ".5 lbs per week" and incorporating some resistance/strength training. there's no reason you can't have the foods you love. :)

Totally agree with adding in strength training or heavy lifting for that matter.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Try making your own favorite foods. That way you know exactly what goes into them and it is probably lower in all the different additives fast food places put in them.

Assembling a bun, burger, lettuce and tomato is super easy :)
  • mrsfabbanks
    mrsfabbanks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Guys this has helped me and it isn't even my post. Sometimes my problem is not making the time for my workouts daily as planned. Sometimes I feel like it's not worth it, but I look at how I feel now just after losing about 25lbs, I know that I can't go back. School and trying to taking care of my family really challenge me sometimes and I don't know how to handle it all. But most folks don't, so just t a king it one day at a time and making the best out of each. Thanks again guys
  • beastmode2718
    beastmode2718 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support guys and I looking forward to talking with all my new friends
  • Hobbit314
    Hobbit314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)))
  • eihcir1
    eihcir1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And you can do all sorts of combos that are healthy. There are tons of recipes on the internet that include filling, healthy meals. It's all about attitude and discipline. Good luck.You'll get there.