Vodka and club soda

Options
I really enjoy having a single or double shot of vodka and club soda after dinner. As long as it works into my calories. Is this going to diminish my 'lean look' ?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, it won't affect your weight loss if it fits.

It's a bad habit, though. Just a heads up, not a criticism.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nope. Enjoy
  • TinaGetsFit92
    TinaGetsFit92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    No, it won't affect your weight loss if it fits.

It's a bad habit, though. Just a heads up, not a criticism.

No criticism taken! I've recently became single so I've been going out a lot with my girlfriend. And I'm doing my best to make 'better choices' even though we are going to clubs and such. Its I always have one drink though! No more. Because I DD. I've never been a huge drinker.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's probs one of the best alcohol choices you can make! Obvs not healthy, but a lot better than the jagger bomb phase I went through haha. It won't affect weight loss if you fit it in your calories.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yeah especially if it's diet soda. Mixing liquor into a no-calorie drink is about as low cal as you can get alcohol-wise. If you are logging it properly about the only harm it's gonna do you is if it causes you to binge.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am a vodka drinker myself....

I dunno, I guess not, but drinking in the middle of the week seems like a waste and a slippery slop at your age.

It's your body/life and you know best.

• TinaGetsFit92
    TinaGetsFit92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awsome! I wasn't as concerned about weight gain as I was fat gain. I like to maintain a leaner look and I was worried it would be affected
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Awsome! I wasn't as concerned about weight gain as I was fat gain. I like to maintain a leaner look and I was worried it would be affected

Then, no.

I don't see it and I drink like 5-8 shots when drinking.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yeah to my knowledge the only things you can do to try to make sure you lose fat and not muscle is
    1. Don't drop your calorie intake down to dangerous levels.
    2. Do resistance training while losing the weight.
    Alcohol intake should not affect it at all