What are you doing for pain?

Options
ChantalGG
ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
I have a sore lower back and my one knee aches once in a while and of course after a great workout i am feeling the pain the next few days. I dont take anything but i would like too. :) What do you do to help you through the pain?

Replies

• gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine chondroitin and omega 3 twice a day for my knees. It usually takes a month or 2 to notice a difference, but its worth the wait. Sometimes at night I need some advil if I've exercised too much.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Rest
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    I have the same problems. My one knee is really bad. My back was worse but seems to be getting less and less painful. I have been taking IB Profen . Seems to be helping somewhat. Altho, some nights after a 30 minute walk on the treadmill it really achesssssssss. I am going to give it another month to see if it gets better. If not I"ll go to the doctors. It's been at least two months now this has been going on.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    hot shower
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    I take glucosamine chondroitin and omega 3 twice a day for my knees. It usually takes a month or 2 to notice a difference, but its worth the wait. Sometimes at night I need some advil if I've exercised too much.
    Glucosamine chondrotin is prescription medicine for Osteoarthritis. Shouldn't be taken unsupervised.
    Take an NSAID if you think pain interferes with your normal functioning.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    ice.rest advil
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    of course after a great workout i am feeling the pain the next few days.
    It is concerning that whatever you're doing in those workouts is leaving you in pain...
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    of course after a great workout i am feeling the pain the next few days.
    It is concerning that whatever you're doing in those workouts is leaving you in pain...

I just meant the sore muscle pain that follows a workout sometimes.
  • gentlebreeze2
    Options
    Glucosamine chondrotin is prescription medicine for Osteoarthritis. Shouldn't be taken unsupervised.

It is NOT a prescription... it is OVER THE COUNTER. I should know since I take it. You find it in the suppliment section with Vitamin C, B Complex and all the other suppliments. Don't make statements about things you don't know about.
  • jenv710
    jenv710 Posts: 4
    Options

its a vitamin you can get right in the vitamin supplements aisle at a grocery store. I take it too. It helps with your joints.
  • ChantalGG
    Options

its a vitamin you can get right in the vitamin supplements aisle at a grocery store. I take it too. It helps with your joints.

I have Glucosamine Sulfate 500mg that i try to take everyday but the pill are big that i usually pass them up. I am guessing it is the same, it helps relieve osteoarthritis symptoms & joint paint.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options

It is NOT a prescription... it is OVER THE COUNTER. I should know since I take it. Don't make statements about things you don't know about.

Yes it is over the counter. I have osteoarthritis and it was recommended by my doctor. I know other people who take it that don't have arthritis though. They just get sore joints from jogging and they say it really helps. You have to take it everyday though, and it does take a while to notice the effects.

I take a midol when I get sore muscles. It really helps lol.
  • ChantalGG
    Options

I have Glucosamine Sulfate 500mg that i try to take everyday but the pill are big that i usually pass them up. I am guessing it is the same, it helps relieve osteoarthritis symptoms & joint pain.
  • gentlebreeze2
    Options

I have Glucosamine Sulfate 500mg that i try to take everyday but the pill are big that i usually pass them up. I am guessing it is the same, it helps relieve osteoarthritis symptoms & joint pain.

The capsule I take is about the same size as liquid advil and goes down pretty easy. I am usually a big baby about swallowing pill, and this one isn't too bad.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen is good for those post-workout aches.

If you are having to take it several days a week, then maybe your workout needs an overhaul or you should get that knee checked. ;)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If I'm really sore after a work-out, I'll try to rest the muscles by skipping whatever I think caused the problem. For instance, sometimes doing a lot of squats hurt my rear and quads so I don't do that for a few days. But I don't skip exercise altogether, I'll just do something light like walking and that seems to help get the blood flowing and speed up the healing process.

I make sure to eat bananas every day because I've heard the potassium helps with muscle pain. If the pain is unbearable, I take Advil or Tylenol. Certain shoulder exercises make my muscles knot up and I find a heat pack helps loosen up the tension.