Lots to lose. I need help with motivation!

Options
Danica34
Danica34 Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
I need to lose 77-82 pounds as soon as possible. I have been trying to lose weight for a while but fall off the wagon and get depressed about it and end up gaining more weight. I want to join the air force so the sooner I lose the weight the better. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The motivation has to come from within. We can absolutely offer encouragement and advice, but if you don't truly want to change, you won't.

Where do you typically struggle and fall of the wagon?
  • sarawhite2009
    sarawhite2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way!!! It was always so frustrating. I had to find the underlying issue of why I kept quitting before I could move forward and stay on it! I absolutely hate exercising but for me I have to. It's just the way my body is. But now that I have been doing it consistently six days a week it is becoming more of a habit! also having an accountability partner is very helpful to me. I don't want to let them down which makes me do it even when I don't want to do it.
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You just have to decide you want it. I've decided I'm going to lose 100lbs by my 30th birthday in February and as of this morning I have 48.4lbs left!! You can do this!!!
  • Danica34
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    The motivation has to come from within. We can absolutely offer encouragement and advice, but if you don't truly want to change, you won't.

Where do you typically struggle and fall of the wagon?
    I will workout for a couple weeks and not really see results and that's where I lose the motivation. Also my diet, I need to eat better than what I do. I'm just not sure about the calories in to out. If I eat almost 1400 a day and burn close to 900 then it says I'm not eating enough calories.
  • Danica34
    Options
    I was the exact same way!!! It was always so frustrating. I had to find the underlying issue of why I kept quitting before I could move forward and stay on it! I absolutely hate exercising but for me I have to. It's just the way my body is. But now that I have been doing it consistently six days a week it is becoming more of a habit! also having an accountability partner is very helpful to me. I don't want to let them down which makes me do it even when I don't want to do it.
    I'm fine with exercising. My diet is where I slouch. I just never feel like I have enough energy
  • Danica34
    Options
    You just have to decide you want it. I've decided I'm going to lose 100lbs by my 30th birthday in February and as of this morning I have 48.4lbs left!! You can do this!!!
    Congrats! I really do want it. I'm just not exactly sure what to do most of the time to lose it
  • brooktini
    brooktini Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I start eating a good combination of protein, fat, and carbs (nothing white, no sugar) that I feel less hungry and don't want to overeat. Likewise, when I'm eating healthy, real food, I don't crave the "bad" foods I gravitated toward when I was gaining weight. It is hard. Truly, there are days that I think about my next meal all day. Track everything! Even if you eat something not on your plan, count it. It helps to see where the calories come from and maybe you'll find motivation in keeping your calories under control and the weight loss will come. Good luck!
  • babyhood956
    babyhood956 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im rite there with you i wanna lose 80 pounds by my 24 birthday in October for me eating healthy is starting to become a normal think do is excersice my bad thing is the temtation of pizza i am addicted to pizza but it does get easier
  • geoushewah
    geoushewah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had no motivation what so ever, I hated going to the gym, and I loath cardio lol. But with every stride on the treadmill I'm constantly telling myself in my head my sexy, slim and fit i am, I can see the weight coming off of my body, I'm thin, etc constant affirmations and I feel amazing doing it. I know it may sound dumb but affirmations work :)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give you, buy a food scale. Weigh all solids, measure all liquids. You are most likely overestimating your calories. Be patient, it takes time, but in the end it is worth it :)
  • windwalker64
    windwalker64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm giving the 5:2 diet a good go. Been on it for four months now and although I've only lost the equivalent of about 10 pounds, it hasn't been so bad and I've done no exercise. With summer coming on I am hoping the weight will definitely start to fall with getting out and about riding. I like that I can eat whatever I want for at least five days a week and not feel bad about it at all.
  • TeishaBue
    TeishaBue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm looking for people who want to stay motivated together :)
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You got this girl! If it helps get a goal outfit and say by this time I want to fit in this ! :) That what I have done.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Start with http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Learn how to create and log consistent accurate deficits.
    Spend soem time learning about weight loss and devise a good plan based on sound principles and knowledge.
    Do the basics well.

Be realistic and patient 1lb a week is a good rule of thumb as to how long it might take. Better to do it healthily and get to your target than never reach it at all.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give you, buy a food scale. Weigh all solids, measure all liquids. You are most likely overestimating your calories. Be patient, it takes time, but in the end it is worth it :)

Good advice! Just bought myself one. You really have to weigh and measure every food. It's easy to overestimate.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    What is your reason for wanting to get slimmer? Constantly reminding yourself about it can help. My motivation is that I am tired of looking pregnant, even when I am not. I have been this way for the past 3-4 years, and now it's time for a change.

The right music keeps me active. Listen to your favorite tunes when you are exercising, and you'll have so much fun, you might not feel like you are working out.