I succeeded! Need to get back on track (pics)

Options
CactusRach
CactusRach Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
I started MFP a couple of years ago and it took me about a year and a half to get down to a weight I felt comfortable with. The first picture is me a little smaller than where I began. I wasn't happy with my weight, or my lifestyle. Eventually I realised something had to change. The first change, weight (180+ pounds).

before_zpshu6m5jts.jpg

So it took me a year and a half. Stuck to MFP pretty strictly. I was so so proud of myself. On top of controlling my food intake I gave up smoking, drinking, got a beagle who pretty much forced me to walk, far, everyday and changed a major part of my life to concentrate on me again. I got happy. Joined a netball team, made lots of new friends and eventually started cycling.

after_zpsfucdpw0k.jpgafter%20jeans_zpsftonmgqh.jpg

I maintained at between 115 - 120 pounds for about a year.

Then there's now. I'm still cycling, still play netball, still walk everyday, still happy... pretty much. I've gained a bit. I'm disappointed with myself but know it happens, just need to get on top of it before the first picture becomes a reality again. I can't bring myself to weigh myself because I just don't want to know. But I'll get back on track and find where I'm at when it suits me not to make me feel totally disappointed in myself.

I've done it before, more. I can keep it down.

Replies

• cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down too. I'm working hard to make this time a life style change, not just another diet. In the past I'd overeat then work out and run for 2 hours a day to "make up for it." It was crazy!! And I couldn't keep it up forever. Eventually, I stopped the insane exercising and kept over eating... I hope you'll get back on track and use the community to motivate you
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job Rachel and look like a totally different person. You're such an inspiration and have no reason to feel disappointed in yourself. Well done for getting back on track, you'll get to goal in no time. Also we can do this together just like last time. x x x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!