57 and starting over

Options
I reached my goal maintained then life happened lost my focus made excuses and I am back. I was successful because I went on this adventure with my husband we pushed eachother and led a healthy lifestyle, we are recommitted and today is day 1. Anyone else out there starting over?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Starting over (again) like Groundhog Day. I'm 54, and back at it again after losing 70 lbs about 8 years ago, then gaining 40 of it back a little at a time over about 6 years, then packing on the rest of it in 8 short months after surgery gave me an excuse to sit on my ever-widening *kitten*. No whining, no excuses: I'm back!
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    One week and 2 days in and also a start over... I'm 61. Good for you and you're blessed to have your husband on board. Mine is as well... best support system!
    On Saturday I was able to come in here and announce my 1st week loss of 4lbs... so many congrats and encouraging words from others.
    Best to you & hubby. You can do this and congratulations for coming to that committed decision! (that's the 1st step, right?) Have a great 1st day!
  • JDavis0729
    JDavis0729 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and was doing well with weight loss last year, lost 15 lbs and was feeling great--had another 15-20 to go. Like you said, life happened and I let myself gain 21 lbs since last year! I am back! And have lost 13.5 lbs so far! I find drinking at least 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water per day helps (once your body gets used to it, it's not so hard). Also, watching my salt intake has made a huge difference. If you look up how much sodium is in foods from a restaurant, you would be shocked! If you go out, look up the best thing to order on the menu beforehand and eat a healthy snack before you go so you're not so hungry--that's been extremely helpful. Don't look back and feel bad about yourself, make changes and look forward! Just focus on how much better you will feel when you lose weight! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!