Yuck... I hate strech marks!!!

Options
I'm happy to start my journey to a healthy life... but I'm getting frustrated that stretch marks are appearing.... kinda scared to look every morning because i ALWAYS have more *_- ... Does anybody have any ideas what I should put on them to make them less visible?

Replies

• jilly66
    jilly66 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've found a good moisturiser helps...although you can't get rid of them altogether, they are alot less visible...it's worked for me anyway :) Good luck!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have heard Bio-Oil, Vitamin E cream and cocoa butter are the best things for stretch marks. I have some myself that I would LOVE to get rid of. The Bio-Oil is made for pregnant women so I bet it works, though I have not tried it yet. The Vitamin E will definitely reduce them, and so will the cocoa butter, but if they are white scars they won't change much. If your stretch marks are still red or pink, you have a chance to get them to fade, but I have yet to hear anything that will make them go away forever. :(
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    if you figure it out let me know i have a whole lot of them and haven't found anything to make them go away completely.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks. Don't hate them, embrace them! I had a really big growth spurt when I was about 11, so I have them on my knees, thighs, everywhere. When I got pregnant I got them on my belly too.

I call them my tiger strips, ROAR! lol
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have aweful stretch marks from pregnancy despite all efforts.. I finally decided to invest the money in mederma stretch mark cream. It has been awesome. I've been using as directed and one 5 oz bottle has lasted me 12 weeks. For a 5 oz bottle it's $40 but you can get coupons on the mederma website too. It's the only thing that has worked for me to make them much less visable. Best of luck!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    if you figure it out let me know i have a whole lot of them and haven't found anything to make them go away completely.

Same here! I have stretch marks EVERYWHERE: arms, chest, abdomen, legs... UGH! It's leftover from my heaviest weight a couple years ago...
  • Davie_ege
    Davie_ege Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, um Vitamin K, lavender oil, aloe vera and try eating more zinc rich foods to prevent more of them appearing (seeds and nuts).. hope it helps. Whatever happens don't worry, they might be awful now but they'll fade until you can barely see them. Mine have! :D
  • hunnibear
    hunnibear Posts: 5
    Options
    lol tiger stripes <3:laugh: :happy:
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Emu oil is expensive, but really penetrates to the inner layers of the skin. I've been using Mederma stretch mark creme for the past couple of months & it's reduced the redness quite a bit (I just had a baby, so my stretch marks are fresh & angry), but they're definitely still there.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Concentrated cocoa butter oil is the way to go.Twice a day very day for a month and they'll be visibly improved. They won't disappear but at least they'll look light and faded.
  • morningjog
    morningjog Posts: 8
    Options
    A lady told me she uses cocoa butter DURING a pregnancy. She mentioned lots of women have stretch marks because they don't know that they're supposed to do that.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Stretch Marks are genetic, no amount of potions and lotions are going to stop them appearing. You can tone them down by using anything that is for scar tissue and will keep things supple.

I used bio oil during and after my pregnancy and the marks didn't get too red and went silvery quite quickly.

I like my pregnancy ones, and my c section scar, shows what an amazing thing my body did.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A lady told me she uses cocoa butter DURING a pregnancy. She mentioned lots of women have stretch marks because they don't know that they're supposed to do that.

She's not very well informed then.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    nothing works... i'm the queen of stretch marks. i used plamers cocoa butter religeously through my first pregnancy, even before i even showed signs of them, then when that didn't work and i got a few big nasty purple ones, i changed to bio oil, and they continued to appear all over my tummy...

if you are going to get them, you are going to get them, and nothing you can buy will fix the issue. sorry, but that's the sad truth.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks. Don't hate them, embrace them! I had a really big growth spurt when I was about 11, so I have them on my knees, thighs, everywhere. When I got pregnant I got them on my belly too.

I call them my tiger strips, ROAR! lol

LOL, that's a really great way of looking at it!
  • eliza7119
    eliza7119 Posts: 15
    Options
    retin a !!!!!!!!!!!! you need a prescription it peels and thins the skin. its uncomfortable but as the new skin comes back you can hardly see them!!!!