Total Gym- Like to Find Friends Using

Options
Dinah2
Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
I just purchased the total gym for my strength training. I love it. I have the Todd Durkin DVD's where I can do the exercises with him.
I would like to find friends who use the total gym to be friends to motivate and share ideas. I also walk on a treadmill and use the polar watch to enter the calories burned since MFP does not have it as one of the ones in the database. I also use a fitbit to track steps.

Replies

• Reginafaze
    Reginafaze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Dinah. I also have the total gym and the Todd Durkin DVDs. I am at the intermediate level now. I also use the fit it to track my steps. I don't have a treadmill but I do try to do a workout power 90 (not 90x) the sweat with tony Horton a couple of times a week to burn some calories. I'm 58 years old and I guess you could say I'm chasing my youth. Anyway. Looking for motivation if you want to pal up
  • Inc1961
    Inc1961 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just unburied our total gym from the storage room. It's probably and original model! It still works and I figured why not! I am starting the C25K all over again after an ankle injury sidelined me for 4 months. I am completely at the beginning of that program :(

Today I found a youtube video "Lose a dress size in 4 weeks" with a series of exercises on the Total Gym. It is a 3 day a week 4 week program that I can do on my non-run days. That will still give me a day off once a week. Today I did Wk 1 Day 1 (but could only accomplish 1/2 of the total exercises!) so it will likely take me more than 4 weeks to complete!

I logged the work out under strength exercises but that doesn't seem to give me any calorie credit?? Is this correct? I searched for very similar exercises i.e. bicep curl and inputted the reps and sets. But no calorie deficit. It's not a big deal as I can't eat all my calories anyway.

Would like to connect with other Total Gym users? Get info on good routines, or maybe a dvd I should buy for guidance? i don't want to get hurt doing something incorrectly :(

Friends??
  • nburt72
    nburt72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to set up a total gym that my sister gave me when she moved two years ago. Its been sitting in my basement since! I will probably check out youtube for work out videos to do on it. My question is, can you also get a cardio workout on it or is it strictly a strenght training piece of equipment? I assume its strengh training and was going to use it on my off days from my c25k program I just started as well but since I live in Boston and we just had a major blizzard I have been sidelined on that run program. We are getting more snow tonight and Monday so not sure when I will be able to get back to it so looking for new indoor cardio workout for now. Any tips will be helpfull
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I logged the work out under strength exercises but that doesn't seem to give me any calorie credit?? Is this correct? I searched for very similar exercises i.e. bicep curl and inputted the reps and sets. But no calorie deficit. It's not a big deal as I can't eat all my calories anyway.

Input the workout under "cardio" - "strength training"

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I just unburied our total gym from the storage room.

Ours was sitting in the garage for years. I dusted it off but use it more for warming up and stretching not full workouts.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine. I'm waiting for it to be delivered they said it should be here by next Thursday, so I would like some friends that also use Total Gym - as I'm new to the thing - and might not know what I'm doing. :smiley:
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone interested in forming a new group for total gym users? I have been doing the total gym DVD's with Todd Durkin but would like to find another DVD to use to change it up. It did come with a total gym DVD but she goes too fast in between exercises to add equipment. Any suggestions?
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a weider ultimate body works which is pretty similar to a Total gym which I have been using for a few months now. I even use workouts designed for the Total gym with it. I have had great results with it for building muscle and burning fat simultaneously while increasing strength. I will be stepping it up to a full olympic weight set at some point though once I'm up to the max incline and added band weights for most exercises (I have already maxed out my leg exercises).