2000 Meter Row Times

Options
Hi guys, never posted before so thought I'd share this with you all.

I joined the gym on May the 11th of this year. That day I did 2000 meters on a rowing machine and did it in approx 9 minutes. The same day my brother in law Alex joined and we are VERY competative with each other and he did the row in about 8:50. Over the next few weeks Alex was able to get his time down and down to the point where a month later he posted a 8:02 while mine would not go below 8:39.

Long story short, I worked on my posture and my technique and started getting it down, even it was only half a second at a time. On June the 2nd 2015 I did a 8:02.4, just 4 tenths behind Alex! 8 days later I shocked myself and did a 7:52!

Today I've set a 7:47.9, as you can imagine Im absolutely stoked with myself. So am curious, what sort of times can you guys do?

Replies

• robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you want to compare your times to others make sure you check out the concept 2 website (if you haven't already) - allows you to submit your times and has rankings for different age categories. Also make sure you make sure you're rowing technique is good - you can make some big gains if it isn't. I managed a 7:16 last year but this only got me just into the top 600 in my age category, 40-49 :(
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I was rowing at a D1 school I was pulling 7-something 2ks pretty regularly. Now, probably closer to 9 or 10 minutes as I haven't even looked at an erg in about two years.