THAT'S HOW MANY CALORIES!?

Options
2»

Replies

• bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    From O'Charley's, the chipotle chicken tenders - 1050 calories.... which isn't TOO bad, I could fit that in once in a great while if I get in a good gym workout earlier in the day.... BUT the sodium is the real killer - 4230mg!!!! Totally insane.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Casey's Taco Pizza, Whopper with cheese, Coke, Hostess Cupcakes, and pretty much the entire candy isle. I find that since I have started looking at labels I have been shocked quite a bit!
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Subway, 12-inch meatball marinara sub. 1,160 calories!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Chili's skillet queso with chips (appetizer) 1500 cals 3340 sodium. Add 3 light beers @ 110 cal and I am up to 1830 before my cheese burger and fries arrive. WTH was I thinking. 1270 calories for the Old Timer burger w/fries add another 3150mg of sodium. Now, I did share my skillet queso/chips. I am lucky I did not die of a heart attack with my face going into the queso. Unbelievable.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    Casey's Taco Pizza, Whopper with cheese, Coke, Hostess Cupcakes, and pretty much the entire candy isle. I find that since I have started looking at labels I have been shocked quite a bit!

i love casey's taco pizza!
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    semi sweet chocolate chips. 1tbsp of those (and we all know i ate them by the HANDFULS not tbsps) is 70 calories.
    This, and the buffalo chicken wrap from Great Wraps. It's 810 calories! and I found that out AFTER I ate it!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    went to Applebees last weekend and got the Maple Butter Blondie. It's just a scoop of ice cream, some icing and a blondie...990 calories!!!!

Edit: Just was looking through the Applebees nutritional information...it's actually 1100 calories for that!!!!!!!
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Salads from most restaurants....seriously? So many calories. I realize that's because they mix the dressings in, but still - I used to pick 1500 calorie salads thinking "oh hey, this is great for me!"
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Wish I would have checked the calorie count on a Sam's Club lemon poppyseed muffin first. 790 calories in just one of those suckers! WOW!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I still don't know how many calories Adalberto's steak super nachos have ...

38KhZ.jpg

But I am pretty sure they are off the menu for me from now on.

Oh, I hear ya... Nachos at almost any restaurant will gut you about 2000 calories.
    Salads from most restaurants....seriously? So many calories. I realize that's because they mix the dressings in, but still - I used to pick 1500 calorie salads thinking "oh hey, this is great for me!"

And yes! Don't ya hate it?! Every time these days that my wife and I are going to go out to eat, I end up saying, "I'll just make something at home." I made a vinaigrette yesterday that was paired w/ a cheesecake factory size salad, with chicken and avacado and it came to a total of around 500 calories.... homemade by yours truly. Whats most frustrating is that they COULD make it healthier... they just don't.
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    In planning for a vaca in a few weeks I looked up nutrition info @all fav restraunts. . I was HORRIFIED

Olive Garden
    1 breadstick = 150cal
    house salad = 350 cal AND 26g FAT

I always shared the chicken alfredo with hubby (cuz I pigged out on the "healthy" salad)
    alfredo = 1,440cal and 82g fat! even half 41grams of fat!!

Red Robin
    whisky river burger = 1,120cal and 68g fat
    this is NOT counting the bottomless fries!!

Baja Fresh (i went here BECAUSE I though it was super healthiest place ever)
    chicken fajitas = 1,140cal

We don't know until we know!!
    There is exactly 1 thing at olive garden under 700cal and I have never heard of it! Even the childrens menu is aweful!
    So everytime I am tired and hungry and feel like I am missing out on some yummy meal I think of all the days I at more than 2days caloried by eating out for dinner, and I smile and eat my salad.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A handful of fresh dates is the calorie content of a normal meal. I'm shocked. I just don't think
    this is too meaningful though. I eat four or five dates and I'm pretty sure that is
    healthy and a-okay.
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is supposed to be good for you because they use all natural ingredients, right? WRONG!

My favorite there used to be the steak burrito with fajita veggies, corn, cheese, sour cream and guac with a side of chips until I found out it was 1655 calories not to mention the 2540mg of sodium. About 300 of those calories are from just the burrito tortilla and almost 600 of the calories are from the chips which is basically the previous day's left over tortillas cut up, fried and salted. I still eat there but much less frequently and I go for the bowl without the sour cream, guac and cheese. I can get out of there with about 500 calories but the sodium still hurts at just over 1500mg.

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Quizno's roast beef & cheddar regular sized sub. 780 calories!! I usually ordered it with easy sauce, which I'm sure helped (the sauce is 260 calories alone), but still, I was pretty shocked. Quiznos didn't have nutritional info available when I first started losing weight (I emailed them and they never got back to me :\), so I had been ballparking it at about 450. 780...yeesh...
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    a dairy queen "mini" has over 400 calories!!
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Yard House for happy hour and split nachos with a friend. HALF of the nachos are 980 calories, and so much fat/salt I can't even remember. HALF. Horrible. LOL.
  • cutiekaylaa
    cutiekaylaa Posts: 70
    Options
    There was these amazing chocolate bars I used to have to sell in elementry school for fundraisers and I would buy myself a box or two and eat all of the chocolate bars myself. I realized years later that those chocolate bars had about 500 calories each.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden Chicken Parmaesan. YUMMY BUT it's like 1400 as well.