5x5

Options
ive been doing 5x5 workouts and dieting for months now lost 9.4kg wooooop! Any body doing 5x5 workouts?

Replies

• scamp07
    scamp07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot about it and am starting this week.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back with Strong Lifts 5x5 this week.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm very intrigued. Thinking about doing it.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I am
  • codehandle
    codehandle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been using the StrongLifts.com/5x5 app since January. It's the first time in my life I feel like I actually know what's going on when I go to the gym. I've been cutting the last 6 months so I'm not seeing much in the way of gains but once I reach my body fat % goal I'll start eating at a surplus to start seeing gains.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight (bulking atm) but I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 with some accessory work.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I would do SL 5x5 if you could deadlift more than 1x5.
  • JoeSchnurr
    JoeSchnurr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I switched over the the Nerd Fitness Academy Dumbbell workouts to 5x5 once our Squat Rack came in about 3 weeks ago at our work gym. The first week was playing around with the numbers to get a good workout....
    Right now I'm here:
    Squat 200lbs
    Bench 210lbs
    Row 160lbs
    OHP 135lbs
    LD 235lbs

I'm using the App to run my workouts and it works great. Really streamlines the process and allows you to focus on your lifting. I haven't failed to complete my sets yet, but I feel like I'm getting close with my bench and OHP.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5x5 for about six weeks now and am very happy with results. I've dropped a few pounds and several inches and have increased my weight load on all exercises. Although in the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to move up much because I need to increase my calories. I did before and after photo's four weeks apart and couldn't believe the difference!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    dfletch95 wrote: »
    ive been doing 5x5 workouts and dieting for months now lost 9.4kg wooooop! Any body doing 5x5 workouts?

my husband has been doing it for about a month. :smile:
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Great job!

Can i ask a question here, related to 5x5? I am looking forward to doing SL 5x5 but am a few weeks away from being able to join a gym with all the proper equipment. I would like to begin at home, I have a bar and weights but no squat cage or bench. Lack of cage is fine as I need to start with bodyweight squats anyway. My question is this- since I don't have a bench and am starting at body weight anyway, would push ups be what I should substitute for bench press?
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »

Great job!

Can i ask a question here, related to 5x5? I am looking forward to doing SL 5x5 but am a few weeks away from being able to join a gym with all the proper equipment. I would like to begin at home, I have a bar and weights but no squat cage or bench. Lack of cage is fine as I need to start with bodyweight squats anyway. My question is this- since I don't have a bench and am starting at body weight anyway, would push ups be what I should substitute for bench press?

I mean IMO pushups are so incredibly difficult until you build up some arm and chest strength. I would try to do them in p90x and constantly hurt my shoulder. Once I started benching I was able to work up to push ups with good form, but if you think about it your arms are holding approximately half your weight in a push up... if you can't bench half your weight (which a lot of girls starting out can't) then you probably can't do push-ups with good form. Anyways, after doing 12 weeks of SL my pushups are so much better.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I would do SL 5x5 if you could deadlift more than 1x5.
    Simple, modify the workout to fit your needs.