FlyFit ankle fitness tracker

Options
I'm a journalist and have been given a FlyFit fitness tracker to review. Pretty cool to know this bad boy can track my bike pedaling, swim kicks, run speed, steps taken, and hours slept. What features would you hope for in an ankle-borne fitness tracker? I'm also reviewing the Moov, which is basically an artificial intelligence fitness coach you can wear on your ankle or wrist, or both at once, depending on what activity you want to track.

Replies

• darkpath0010
    darkpath0010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I own and use a FlyFit. My critiques are:
    1. It can be hard to anticipate when it needs charging as it has no power meter, so the only way to check power levels is to sync it with the smartphone app, which is a power consumptive action
    2. The software that it works with does not share or sync data with anything, not MFP, not Apple Health, not Run Keeper, not Map My Fitness... nothing at all.
    3. The reset switch being on the charging clip means that if it locks up after you left for the track after charging it up, you have no way to reset it and get it working again for your workout (this happened to me just last week)
    4. The exposed copper contacts get easily fouled when swimming in chlorinated water, so I have to scrape the contacts after swimming with it, or playing in a water park
    All of that being said, I like the device and have made good use of it in training for the small triathlons I participate in, on the shoestring budget I compete with.
  • scamp07
    scamp07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds cool.

If I were dreaming I would love something that shows run cadence. Also, that tracks steps/distance on the elipitcal trainer.